Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure how many people are that patient that they will wait even when they are Sprint upgrade eligible.....How long are you going to wait.
    ummmmm.....until my phone no longer meets my needs?

I don't get it. Seriously. Its a smartphone...but, it is just a phone with some cool / helpful features. As long as my Pre doesn't suddenly stop working because my "time is up", then I'll keep using it.

EVO folks MAY be able to get their google results 3 seconds faster than me. But, so long as I'm not looking up "what to do when a rattlesnake bites you"....I don't think that 3 seconds is all that important to me.

I have a good phone that is pleasant to use. Good enough.
    With my Pre clocked at 800mhz I feel it can give the Snapdragon a run for it's money. I am extremely happy with performance now so it makes waiting a little easier.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I think techies like me have trouble waiting.

A lot of us launch day owners wanted the Pre because it was the best thing Sprint had to offer that year.
  5.    #5  
    cool....im just wondering because it looks like even HTC is eying all the original pre users by having the launch the same time the pre originally launched knowing that they are primere costumers
    I love my Palm Pre (Sprint)... But I'm really starting to miss applications like SlingPlayer, a Real VNC, MS Office like product, Flash (for my ****) LOL. Intergrated features like voice recorder.... Lately there has been NO new applications or news, it seems as though the Pal, Pre is stagnate....IPhone for Sprint or the EVO is really looking good. But Im patient and waiting....

Adam
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I think techies like me have trouble waiting.

A lot of us launch day owners wanted the Pre because it was the best thing Sprint had to offer that year.
    agree....i don't know how patient i will be when they launch the EVO....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    I love my Palm Pre (Sprint)... But I'm really starting to miss applications like SlingPlayer, a Real VNC, MS Office like product, Flash (for my ****) LOL. Intergrated features like voice recorder.... Lately there has been NO new applications or news, it seems as though the Pal, Pre is stagnate....IPhone for Sprint or the EVO is really looking good. But Im patient and waiting....

Adam
    I might just get the Evo and come back to webOs when it is mature(or atleast when HP inspires palm to a new device).
    I cant wait for it, 4G is actually good where I live, so Im going to drop my home internet that I dont use a ton, and use the hotspot function of the EVO. Since my girlfriend doesnt have a good connection at her house, itll let me drop my bill down, and have a decent connection at both houses. More Money in my Pocket + Connection at 2 places = Sad Palm Ditcher. I love webos, but come on palm. If they would announce it, and i mean soon, I would wait for a webos 4g phone. But without knowing I dont want to wait.
  10.    #10  
    im guessing eventually it will come....Thats when i would come back
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    With my Pre clocked at 800mhz I feel it can give the Snapdragon a run for it's money. I am extremely happy with performance now so it makes waiting a little easier.
    true the 800 mhz patch helps but dont u want a larger display better batterylife and better hardware?
    super.duper.patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    true the 800 mhz patch helps but dont u want a larger display better batterylife and better hardware?
    Yes I do, but I can wait until the fall for it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    I might just get the Evo and come back to webOs when it is mature(or atleast when HP inspires palm to a new device).
    Ditto! I'm giving HP until mid-August to make the announcement of new hardware and it must release by October 1 or I'm trying the EVO. I'll be running the Hurricane off the EVOs wifi connection though.
    very patient; ill wait as long as there is a new webOS device out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...hing-what.html

shows that of the people switching to the EVO, myself included, are coming from WebOS. Due to stagnant issues with Palm? No new device announcement? Either way it is obvious that Palm is going to be suffering even more when we jump to other devices, at least for a year.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I waited a year and 3 months last time I was eligible for upgrading. It's not really that I need a new device personal, I just see that the WebOS platform needs new hardware in order to strive in the current mobile market. I want Palm to have my money, but they need a new device to get it.

Palm has been waaaay too quiet on new devices. I hope we see the announcement of at least 2-3 devices simultaneous in the coming months. If it wants to stay in the game they need new hardware, and a variety of it at that.

Motorola alone released 5 Android devices within a 6 month period. HTC has had 6 devices. I don't believe in the Apple system, one device to rule them all. I prefer Android's approach to have a variety of devices to fit people's various needs.
  18.    #18  
    i think even palm knows that they will lose many users untill they announce something
    no patient at all I like the latest and greatest and the pre is gettin old that's just my opinion I would like to know what's next from palm I luv webos but this is unacceptable ( for me at least )
    I am going to try the EVO next week . if HP puts out a WEB OS device that competes with the EVO and Iphone then I will be back. ( I am not getting rid of my PRE and will use both for now as I learn Android). I have to see dvelopers support the WEBOS. I miss Slingplayer etc. The APPS for Andorid are amazing , not the junk on WEB OS app store. . ANd by the way for Sprint upgrades, there as good a chance its released on Verizon and not Sprint . HP has no contracts or deals with anyone. they can release it anywhere they want. Maybe even a GSM phone instead of CDMA. Lets go HP give us some news before June 4th. A huge portion of the Sprint Customers will switch to other phones. Locked into 1 or 2 year deals. thats not a good situation for HP.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast