Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    For me its pretty simple.

I am afraid that since the pre plus just got released to ATT that we are not looking at an upgrade for at least 3 months. When I couple that with the fact that in this day and age a top of the line smart phone will be out at most 3 months before it gets trumped by the next greatest phone there is no point in waiting for the pre, because if I do then why not wait another 3 months for the next great phone and with that logic I will be waiting for ever.

So for me I judge whats out now (or announced and that will be released within a month) and will pick the best phone so that I am not wasting "free money" from sprint by waiting any longer than I have to to take advantage of the upgrade. Now this doesn't make sense for someone that normally holds onto their phone for 2 or more years, but that's not me.

IMO android 2.2 (which i expect to be out for the EVO within 2 months, but that I will root and install well before that until its officially available) is a sidestep from WebOS. They both have their pro's and cons. So in the end it comes down to hardware, and the EVO hardware just crushes that of the Pre. So an EVO for me for now.

With that said if next year Palm drops another hot phone during my window, I will gladly come back to WebOS (that is assuming nothing terrible happens to the OS, and better adoption by developers for the platform occurs)
    lol 4g is non existent here...my pre has most of the features that the evo has...so I'm patient...still love my pre. Plus you Evo owners are going backwards...your telling me you want a phone as long as a surfboard and as wide as the lady who lives next door. Lol it looks like your holding a boombox to your ear rather than a cell smh...to each it's own(circa 1980 something)
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    I love my Palm Pre (Sprint)... But I'm really starting to miss applications like SlingPlayer, a Real VNC, MS Office like product, Flash (for my ****) LOL. Intergrated features like voice recorder.... Lately there has been NO new applications or news, it seems as though the Pal, Pre is stagnate....IPhone for Sprint or the EVO is really looking good. But Im patient and waiting....

Adam
    I share those same sentiments. I love my pre and all. But sometimes I just feel limited. But I'm patiently waiting...
    Interesting question and a friend was also looking to update his Sprint phone.

I actually gave him the inside scoop on Palm Pre/Pixi and HTC Evo and thought he'd by the EVO unit since it had more features, but nope...he got the Pixi and Loves It!

He was at church this morning multitasking away and mentioned not being able to put it down and wondered how he lived without a smartphone for so long.

Very interesting and a big thumbs up from me for sticking with my Pre and not switching to EVO. Actually, my friend is new to Palm and his Pixi, but I'm not going anywhere either. Sorli..
    Last edited by sorli; 05/30/2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting question and a friend was also looking to update his Sprint phone.

I actually gave him the inside scoop on Palm Pre/Pixi and HTC Evo and thought he'd by the EVO unit since it had more features, but nope...he got the Pixi and Loves It!

He was at church this morning multitasking away and mentioned not being able to put it down and wondered how he lived without a smartphone for so long.

Very interesting and a big thumbs up from me for sticking with my Pre and not switching to EVO. Actually, my friend is new to Palm and his Pixi, but I'm not going anywhere either. Sorli..
    Hi,

Good for you, I think that is perhaps the best way to sell a phone, is getting a recommendation from a friend. They can try yours and fall in love with webOS and we now have two happy Palm customers!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    as long as there is a Palm brand I am pretty sure I will stick with my Pre...

I stuck with my 755p for about 2 years before the Pre came out, and the 755p was pretty much the lame duck for those 2 years so why not stick with the Pre which is much better in many ways than the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    as long as there is a Palm brand I am pretty sure I will stick with my Pre...

I stuck with my 755p for about 2 years before the Pre came out, and the 755p was pretty much the lame duck for those 2 years so why not stick with the Pre which is much better in many ways than the Treo?
    Hi, I agree with you. Palm and I have been together for over 7.5 years. I do not want to change to another company! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, I agree with you. Palm and I have been together for over 7.5 years. I do not want to change to another company! Take care, Jay
    how funny, the pre is my first palm phone and i dont wanna switch to any other brand. I'm way too in love with webOS to switch to anything else. Don't know how long i will wait but really doubt ill go away from palm. I've had motorola phones in the past and they really effin suck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Very patient. I'm on a 2 year plan and I got my Pre in October.
    I give it a lot of thought before I get a new device. I know when I get it that there will be a faster phone with more features 3 months later. Don't want to spend 500 on a phone every year, besides switching platforms and buying all the apps again.

I can see why people would want to switch though when they are eligible for an upgrade. Palm should really announce it's new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    agree....i don't know how patient i will be when they launch the EVO....
    Then good-bye to all of you. Everyone complained (and for good reason) about the mistakes Palm made the first time around:

1) Announced too far in advance of release
    2) Didn't perfect the hardware
    3) Didn't perfect the OS to a better degree
    4) Didn't launch on enough carriers
    5) Picked a lousy time with the Apple and Android announcements / releases

And now everyone is complaining because they are TRYING to do it right this time. Why should they announce something specific 6 months before they are ready to release, and right at the time of the next Apple announcement? Or before the HP money is injected into the operation?

Let them take the time to get it right and they will do better. Honestly, all of us who bought early didn't put them on solid footing so I don't think they are going to jeopardize the bigger picture to satisfy the vocal minority... and I'm OK with that. If it's cool enough, you'll all be back anyway

C
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Everyone complained (and for good reason) about the mistakes Palm made the first time around:

And now everyone is complaining because they are TRYING to do it right this time... Let them take the time to get it right and they will do better.
    This I strongly agree with. I would love for the next gen WebOS device to be announced tomorrow - however I understand that Palm needs to get it right this time, and I will allow them as much time as they need to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Then good-bye to all of you. Everyone complained (and for good reason) about the mistakes Palm made the first time around:

And now everyone is complaining because they are TRYING to do it right this time. Why should they announce something specific 6 months before they are ready to release, and right at the time of the next Apple announcement? Or before the HP money is injected into the operation?

Let them take the time to get it right and they will do better. Honestly, all of us who bought early didn't put them on solid footing so I don't think they are going to jeopardize the bigger picture to satisfy the vocal minority... and I'm OK with that. If it's cool enough, you'll all be back anyway

C
    Hi, you hit the nail on the head, great post, take care, Jay
    I'm content to say with the Pre at least until my contract runs out this fall...probably longer. WebOS is great and very solid with the apps I use. I'd hate to be stuck only half way through an Android contract when the next generation Pre comes along.
    Another happy webOS customer, take care, Jay
    w/o question, i can definitely hold off...

...but, i will say that it's mighty irritating that palm is saying absolutely nada about even working on a new device to build up momentum for themselves or staunch supports of their products. forget "viral marketing". where is any marketing? business as usual? what business? is there a business anymore? are you sure? because the folks who swear by your products sure in the hell haven't heard anything for some time now.

/rant

still love you palm, but can you at the very least send us out a memo or something that says you exist?
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 06/01/2010 at 04:30 PM.
    All this sounds like fanboie talk. My theory is that HP will stare at webOS for some time (a brief while, a few months) and then put it out of its misery. I'll be glad to write it's epitaph.

Where is the ******* unlocked GSM Pre? Palm does not even recognize that such an animal should exist.

And HP? who knows? CDMA (and Sprint and Verizon) built the coffin and Vodaphone and T-Mobile will nail it shut.

Another superior product will bite the dust.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    They have until July 4 to announce a new device (my Sprint premier 1-year date) or I'm going EVO. My pre feels like it's going to fall apart. I like WebOS but I want something else to run it on.
    I hope it has a bigger screen and faster processor!
    I love WebOS. But my $150 premier upgrade for which I'm eligible today is starting to burn a hole in my pocket. My Pre has a few cracks, one perilously close to the screen, is missing the usb cover, and has a depressed power button (which still works, thankfully). I've already taken it in for repair twice. But if the close-to-the-screen crack goes on to the screen, I'll have to pay $100 for a refurbished Pre...I'd rather spend $200 and get a new Evo and start the clock ticking on my next upgrade. Also, slingplayer on Android is looking pretty sweet.
    I got my pre about 6-8 months back on ebay while i was waiting on my upgrade to be available. Now I am just saving my upgrade for a hopefully new better palm phone. One that I can hopefully have enough space internally or with a micro sd so I can sell my ipod and just use my cell. No interest in the EVO as i dont like android that much compared to webOS.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast