Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm extremely hopeful for Palm to make an announcement JUST before (like they have a couple times now) the new iPhone details officially come out. And hopefully they will be ready to shift gears into high to get it done. If they don't, heck... I don't know what I will do once august hits. I LOVE my phone, But I have had the blown speaker problem twice and had to get a refurb. Not happy about that at all when combined with the other 'issues' we have to face since we're not using a 'mainstream' OS / Vendor.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I can wait for a while longer - say till the Fall - for an announcement of the Pre's successor. Product cycles in the mobile space are moving incredibly quickly. Whatever Palm comes out with will likely be bested within a quarter. That's life in this space right now.

My Sprint Pre has always worked well for me. With Uberkernel/Govnah, I can ramp up the speed when I want to. Love the openness of the device, homebrew and patches are easily installed (thanks to Web Internals). WebOS is intuitive and easy to use.

I would like to see more serious applications, Kindle among them, faster processor, more internal memory and storage, bigger screen, HDMI and better build quality.
    People, HP is not involved yet at Palm. It has been stated that it's "business as usual" at Palm and their roadmap before the HP announcement was still in place.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The only thing that MIGHT make me get an EVO is the 4G/Hotspot possibilities. Since we do have 4G here in Honolulu and in Las Vegas (which is where I spend a great deal of time and money). That might be hard to resist. Having said that, I love my webos...so I might have to do some juggling. My pre is premier eligible, but I have another line that isn't. Can I get an EVO, and move my Pre to my second line? Then I can dump my Moment which is my second phone....
    im completely happy with my phone for now !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sh!tting patience every morning....i can hold out for a new WebOS phone but give us FLASH ffs
    I can wait, to me a hardware upgrade tied to a software downgrade isn't a good trade off. I like new shiny objects as much as the next guy but only if I think it is going to be better than what I already have. I really believe that a new phone is on the horizon and don't wanna be kicking myself in the *** for a year.
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    I just got a new (well, probably refurb) from Sprint because of the power button issue and USB port crack issue. So, I can probably hold out another 6 months.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    as long as i'm broke ($), i'm patient
    I tend to look for the best deal for what I want. I've been going back and forth between several smart phones for the last year and a half. I won't be going anywhere now that I finally found the OS that does what I want in the easiest and most user friendly way. I see no reason to switch to a different handset just because it is marginally faster or has a bigger screen.

When Palm releases new hardware I will upgrade, until then I will be trying my hand at app development.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    as long as i'm broke ($), i'm patient
    Know that feeling and I simply have little reason to jump. Looking forward to webOS 1.4.5 that hopefully fixes my TMC errors that crop up occasionally.

Flash, better system integration, too many things I'd mis when Palm updates come.

Keep up the great work Palm, you have my thumbs up! Sorli...
    I'd love a new device, but unless my Pre actualy stops working, I'm in no rush.

I love having the "newest, greatest" thing... but you could go broke trying to chase that dream. haha

I'll stick with my Pre until I have a good reason to swap out.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I am really happy with the performance of my Pre right now, it does everything that I need from a smartphone. I love it's compact size and it's real keyboard and of course webOS, by far the best OS and UI in the industry right now. About the only advantage to going to such a large phone like the EVO is if I was into watching videos on Utube which I could really care less about. I could easily see myself waiting till late 2010 or early 2011 for the next gen of smartphone from Palm.
    No need. Reading most people's posts, it sounds like everyone wants a toy not a smartphone. My Pre already does more than any single device I've ever owned before. That's enough to keep me here until the next WebOS device arrives.
    Palm just needs to make better quality hardware. Autofocus camera and keyboard that doesn't feel like it came out of a gumball machine are at the top of the list.
    I'm not going anywhere unless Palm says it's over or the Evo gets WebOS. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah I want a new toy as much as the next guy but the new toy has to be better than the old toy. Android is in no way better than webOS and getting the evo is like giving up a stock luxury car for a decked out family sedan. Sure the sedan is going to have rear fold out lcd screen or may have built in navigation but you still traded in a ****ing luxury car for it.

And those of you complaining about the app market place or updates going stagnant quiet down. Palm has been getting more and more apps into the marketplace at a faster rate than ever before and one update is barely out before we hear of the next on it's way.

I will wait for the C40 palm pre2 or whatever they call it and would even be willing to break contract to get it if it's not on sprint. Nuff said
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 05/28/2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: fixed typos omg more typos
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    Palm just needs to make better quality hardware. Autofocus camera and keyboard that doesn't feel like it came out of a gumball machine are at the top of the list.
    I think the keyboard is great, and I have the Sprint Pre which supposedly has an inferior keyboard compared to the Pre Plus.

I have never owned a Blackberry but I have used them from time to time. I really don't know what the keyboard hype is all about with them. After using the Pre's keyboard for a year other keyboards feel hard and cheap. Maybe I need to try a better model Blackberry.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I think the keyboard is great, and I have the Sprint Pre which supposedly has an inferior keyboard compared to the Pre Plus.
    I have never owned a Blackberry but I have used them from time to time. I really don't know what the keyboard hype is all about with them. After using the Pre's keyboard for a year other keyboards feel hard and cheap. Maybe I need to try a better model Blackberry.
    I'm not goin to lie my cousin had I guess what was supposed to be a top of line bb from sprint and the keyboard does feel nice not like cheap plastic that just got better with a 3rd rerelease on an american network ( but of corse this is just my opinion )
    hi, I am chomping at the bit for the next gen Pre. However, it may have a great deal to do with that I still have until Oct to finish off my 2 year contract with my Centro! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast