1.    #1  
    Why did Palm exclude time reminders for the task app? For example pickup dry cleaning at 4pm. There is no way to put 4pm. Seriously who thougt this would be ok. I thought a temp solution would be to put the task as a calendar event. The problem now that I showed my wife and kid the same method not realizing we share calendars I'm getting reminders for other peoples tasks. Today consisted of buying shampoo and skirt. With another at 2pm to get nails done and meet cheryl at mall. WTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Why did Palm exclude time reminders for the task app? For example pickup dry cleaning at 4pm. There is no way to put 4pm. Seriously who that this ok. I thought a temp solution would be to put the task as a calendar event. The problem now that I showed my wife and kid the same method not realizing we share calendars I'm getting reminders for other peoples tasks. Today consisted of buying shampoo and skirt. With another at 2pm to get nails done and meet cheryl at mall. WTH
    How do you share calenders? Through google, yahoo?
    If you all share the phone?
    I think if there was a notification type thing for the task app, you would still have to see your wife's and daughter's task because you will also be notified about them.
  3.    #3  
    they have yahoo. I have google. Since time reminders weren't in the task app I told them to put the task as a calendar event not realizing we all can see each others calendars.
    Hardly a solution to the fact that the task app does need a long over due update (I'm with you there).

Have you family still use the calendar application, but create a new calendar that is not shared. This way they still get the notifications, but it's not broad casted to everyone. Now I know on Google this is possible I don't dig into the yahoo sharing features so am not entirely sure if this is a full fledged option for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    While I sympathize with your plight (and even agree that its a shortcoming), I hardly think this makes the app "useless".

Inadequate your YOUR preferred use. Limiting in its design. etc.

But, not useless. I use it a lot. Just not for "time stamp" items.
    Why did Palm exclude time reminders for the task app? For example pickup dry cleaning at 4pm. There is no way to put 4pm. Seriously who thougt this would be ok. I thought a temp solution would be to put the task as a calendar event. The problem now that I showed my wife and kid the same method not realizing we share calendars I'm getting reminders for other peoples tasks. Today consisted of buying shampoo and skirt. With another at 2pm to get nails done and meet cheryl at mall. WTH
    I'm a longtime Palm user, but they did drop the ball by not including the core functionality from the old PalmOS in the WebOS world. I hope that they make that priority in future upgrades.

Have you tried the Done! application yet. It's not completely done yet (no pun intended), but looks like the best implementation of a task / to do list available so far. It is not done in the sense that the developer is still adding and improving features. However the product as is is well written and has a lot of polish already.

It does require a user to set up an account with the Toodledo service, but it's a free account unless you want lots of extra features. And it does give you the 'cloud' syncing features which to allow you to update from your PC (or any web connected PC) and assures that you never lose your data.

I believe the developer is improving on the notification system right now. It's much better that the default Palm offering.
    I don't think I've ever used it heh.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I agree with the suggestion of using Done and Toodledo. Works very well.
    Can Done! Have reoccurring task?
    what i hate is that i cant put things from tasks into the calander...
    What would also be nice is control of notification options at the calendar level. ie, for this calendar I want sound a, for that calendar sound b, and for that one over there, no notification at all.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    done supports reoccurring tasks quite well... Repeat from due date or completed if I remember correctly.
    For me, if I have set aside a time for a certain task, then it is a calendar event. For this purpose, I created separate calendar in Google that other family members can see that my 4pm time slot is busy but without the details, such as "pick up dry cleaning".

I use the task app for lists of chores that don't require a specific time slot attached to it. Like, make plane reservation to xxx (and with or without due date), or pay a certain invoice, etc.
    Another vote here for Toodledo/Done - I also agree about the need for tasks integrated into the calendar (I miss this feature from my Datebk/Treo 650 days.