1.    #1  
    Ok so i am jumping to the Evo(SCREAM @ ME IF U WANT)..but i am not getting rid of my Pre but since it wont be on any line i wont be using my palm profile. So my question is what happens to them(profiles) are they there forever? Like if i go back to my Pre in 6 months or a new palm(HP) phone comes out and i want to use my profile again will it be there???
    they will be deleted when your service is deleted im sure . either that or if it goes unused a certain time frame it will be deleted . you could call palm and ask. and then let everyone know around here lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they will be deleted when your service is deleted im sure . either that or if it goes unused a certain time frame it will be deleted . you could call palm and ask. and then let everyone know around here lol
    It should be fine. I haven't had service for seven months and I'm still using my Palm Profile. I do use it every day, so I'm not sure if it gets deleted after a certain length of inactivity.
    It's a good question. I have a few thoughts. First, do you have regulear access to a Wi-Fi hotspot? If yes, I think you could connect and run your backup occasionally, which would keep your profile active. Second, maybe you could post this question over in the Palm support forum, and post back here what you find out. Lastly, if you're just going to throw your Pre in a drawer, why do you care about your Palm Profile? Just create another one if/when you get another webOS device.

Oh, and by the way, I think you'll be back.
    i think so too!!!! ^^^^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    It's a good question. I have a few thoughts. First, do you have regulear access to a Wi-Fi hotspot? If yes, I think you could connect and run your backup occasionally, which would keep your profile active. Second, maybe you could post this question over in the Palm support forum, and post back here what you find out. Lastly, if you're just going to throw your Pre in a drawer, why do you care about your Palm Profile? Just create another one if/when you get another webOS device.

Oh, and by the way, I think you'll be back.
    Yes i do have wifi hotspot i didnt even think about that so my profile should be good....... 2nd i have paid apps on my phone which i do care about losing........ 3rd i dont think i am throwing in drawer I LOVE WebOS to much so i might be back and keep Evo as a multimedia device for vacations......and maybe down the road i will add a 3rd line to my account and have both of the phones at same time....
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    Yes i do have wifi hotspot i didnt even think about that so my profile should be good....... 2nd i have paid apps on my phone which i do care about losing........ 3rd i dont think i am throwing in drawer I LOVE WebOS to much so i might be back and keep Evo as a multimedia device for vacations......and maybe down the road i will add a 3rd line to my account and have both of the phones at same time....
    You can continue to use your Pre even if you don't have service. You can still update WebOS whenever a new version is released and can still buy apps from the App Catalog. The only thing you can't do is make phone calls.