Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I saw this commercial today at work. Shows hp slate but appears to show running windows media player so I don't know if it will have webos or not? discussion
    Sex and the City Laptop, Sex and the City Computer | HP
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    This is a video of their laptop. I thought the slate was a tablet.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    you don't see her holding the tablet at 8 seconds in?
    Last edited by double1; 05/23/2010 at 04:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I seen it the second time watching the video. That tablet looked nice.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    but it appears to be running windows, no? It would have been nice to see webos on there
    I mean this is a commercial for windows 7 also, this is a strange commercial in that it appears to be advertising 3 products at the same time. Don't think I've ever seen an ad quite like it before.
    I recently read somwhere that the Win7-slate is still on track, but we will see a WebOS-tablet too.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Ironic since Carrie always used a Mac in the TV series.
    I don't think they intended that to be advertising a slate, it simply looked like one. Did you see her actually interacting with it? Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Ironic since Carrie always used a Mac in the TV series.
    just read an article that says HP cut a deal with them to be featured instead of macs
    An HP Exec from Taiwan confirmed the WebOS based slate for release in October.

HP Web OS Tablet

I had a link to the actual article but can't find it now.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Technically Palm hasn't been acquired by HP yet. I think we wont see any WebOS on the Slate until after the deal is closed.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/23/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Technically Palm hasn't been acquired by HP yet. I think we wont see any WebOS on the Slate until after the deal is closed.
    It wasn't a Taiwanese company, it was an HP Taiwan executive that let it slip. Which tells me that most likely they have a clause giving them WebOS license if for some reason the deal falls through.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/23/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    It wasn't a Taiwanese company, it was an HP Taiwan executive that let it slip. Which tells me that most likely they have a clause giving them WebOS license if for some reason the deal falls through.

Actually it was me that said it... when I was posting it, I clicked a wrong button and added the comment to Jewel's post...

I guess I read the article wrong and it didn't click that it was an HP official from there. No matter... I'm giddy with excitement for this to come out as long as it comes with all the extras it should have!