Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    It's about time we start seeing some webOS news. Let's hope more to come!

HP Taiwan Confirms WebOS Tablets/Smartphones
    I love reading stuff like that Especially when they say "...customers should expect a “wide range” of software and apps." Awesome. I've said it in other threads... this is the first time in years that I'm excited to purchase electronics. I've never been a 'day 1' adopter of devices, but this will be an exception!
    I can't wait to get my hands on one. Should I wait for this or a new webOS phone?? The possibilities are endless, but my new phone savings account needs to grow faster
    LOL.. I'm with ya on that one! I hate the idea of shelling out more money, but I'm excited for either to come around. I am really and truly expecting that when HP brings out the WebOS tablet they will have a full Office package included (or available) for it. Whether it is from Docs2Go (who'd be frakkin' nuts to not get their WebOS version out NOW), or from some other company. I simply cannot imagine a tablet device from HP coming out without some sort of Office productivity suite for business users.

I'm giddy with excitement!
    as much as i would like to buy it, i could not justify it. I'll wait for second generation, but i'm very excited to see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    as much as i would like to buy it, i could not justify it. I'll wait for second generation, but i'm very excited to see how it goes.
    That's my whole belief when it comes to adopting 1st generation electronics. But this may be the first to get me to suck it and jump on right away.

It would have to have:

• expandable memory
    • office productivity app available
    • great virtual keyboard
    • strong battery
    • slim design
    • webcam
    • be sexy looking to the point women would swoon and faint

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that HP does it up right the first time and comes out with a killer device that makes other manufacturers extremely nervous!
    I feel the same way. I'm sure I would be enticed to buy one when they eventually come out, but I couldn't justify any tablet let alone a webos one. I could, on the other hand, use some sturdier more efficient (subsidized) phone hardware : )
    I'm kinda the opposite... I've wanted one for a while for work (would be great for what I do) I have always had a hard time justifying a tablet because of it's use of Windows... but with WebOS, it's a different ballgame. It's the perfect match for a tablet.
    Speaking of which, a confirmation of a webOS tablet and not netbooks is proof that on screen keyboards are coming in the near future. Yessssssss
    For a tablet it makes complete sense.