1.    #1  
    Has anyone had this issue before? I think my camera is broken :S I don't know how though I literally haven't done anything to it. It's been like this for a few weeks.

Video record doesn't work either.
    Have you tried a restart?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Have you tried a restart?
    Restarts, different batteries, battery pulls, tried accessing it from different apps to see if it was just the camera app, but always the same result. Tried partial reset too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I think a web os doctor might be the only option
  5.    #5  
    I think a web os doctor might be the only option
    I was thinking that, but I don't know if the hardware inside the phone is broken, or it's just a malfunction in the software.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I can almost gaurantee it is software and even on the small chance it wasn't you have nothing to lose
  7.    #7  
    I can almost gaurantee it is software and even on the small chance it wasn't you have nothing to lose
    If I back up my phone, will Preware/all patches be restored like the other apps?
    Patches are stored in a folder in the usb partition that you could just copy to your desktop and then put it back on and just use preware to re-install them en masse but not for homebrew apps
    Also check this out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html

It will help restore your app data.
  10.    #10  
    So I definitely tried webOS doctor and the next button is greyed out. I held the Volume up button for like 5 minutes and to no avail. I'm confused..
    My phone is a bit older, but I had the similar issue. Does your camera go completely black (without the on-screen buttons) after you get the "Unable to take picture" message?

I had sent a few logs to HardBeatZ (he's a user here and an employee at Palm on the technical support side of things)...so you might try that...but his message for me was grim: it was a hardware problem.

I hope things aren't the same for you, but the symptoms seem similar.
    1. With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)

2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Wait: Might be obvious, but check to see if you have available storage, if you don't have space, the pic cannot save.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Wait: Might be obvious, but check to see if you have available storage, if you don't have space, the pic cannot save.
    I have plenty of storage.

The screen was going black before the picture was unable to take. Like whenever I launch the app all the buttons are there but it's just black. Meaning I don't think the camera is in a working shape, hardware wise.