Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They have said that the load times have something to do with loading things in javascript so that once the phone starts the software will work faster/smoother. It has nothing to do with the amount of data.

Also overclocking is disabled as a safety measure when the device is starting up so you wont notice any decreases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    My Palm Pre Plus takes at least 3 minutes...at least....I think it might be up to 4 or 5 sometimes. I notice it when I'm flying somewhere, and upon landing we can turn our phones back on. Withink 30 seconds, all the other smartphone users are up and running. I usually have exited the plane before I can use mine. It embarrasses me...but then again, I do have that recurring dream about waking up in class in my underwear. And mine doesn't have Calvin Klein's name on it like Marty McFly!
    Why wouldn't you just put your Pre+ in airplane mode while you fly? Then you still have access to some of your stuff while bored in the air and when you land it will only take a few seconds to exit airplane mode and have service again.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I feel like i just read this in another thread. deja vu all over again
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I feel like i just read this in another thread. deja vu all over again
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...20#post2942820

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My Pre takes WAY more than 2 minutes to boot up...WAY more! Consider yourself lucky, 'cuz I don't consider myself unlucky. I just went thru 3 batteries on the way from Cancun to Phoenix and that was mostly playing Plummer's Nightmare. Great game to pass a few hours by the way!
    Last edited by spudland; 04/22/2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Overclocking, to me, doesn't result in a noticeable increase in boot time.

It sucks I know. New android phones and iphone 3GS take around 20'ish seconds. The Pre is around 1min 40sec.
    Are you serious? The Pre- running 1.4.5 is 3 minutes and 40 seconds to fully boot up. My Pre- running webOS 2.1 overclocked at 1ghz is still 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I don't know where you get 1 minute, 40seconds because it takes WAY longer than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Are you serious? The Pre- running 1.4.5 is 3 minutes and 40 seconds to fully boot up. My Pre- running webOS 2.1 overclocked at 1ghz is still 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I don't know where you get 1 minute, 40seconds because it takes WAY longer than that.
    As said previously, OC'ing is disabled while booting as a safety measure. Your faster booting is probably due to something else maybe rebooting rather than a cold boot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12