1.    #1  
    Just swapped my Sprint Pre for an AT&T Pre Plus. Everything synced up to the new device like a dream (as an aside, it's really nice to see that Palm is backing up more and more settings into the cloud, back from the early days of WebOS. Now if only they started backing up local media like pictures and videos)

There are two very noticeable changes for me in this version - hoping someone can confirm:
    1. The sync to iTunes option is now completely gone (I'd been hanging on to the older version of iTunes, and while I know doubletwist can be a workaround, nothing beats straight up connecting to iTunes)
    2. I don't have an option to add Yahoo within the IM app any more. This is especially unnerving since I can add Yahoo to Email, Calendar and Contacts apps.

Does anyone know how to install the messaging plugins from Preware? (I search for "messaging" and "yahoo" and nothing comes up)
    You have to manually install messaging plugins with WOSQI. I don't know why those features would be missing, but it would be nice if others chimed in to verify this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got my AT&T Pre Plus on Sunday and I've been very happy with it overall!

For #1, I don't have iTunes, so I can't confirm nor deny; however, my Windows XP computer recognizes the Pre as "iPod" in the Device Manager when I click "Media Sync" on the Pre after plugging in the USB cable. Does yours do that?

For #2, I also noticed that Y!M was missing from the IM list. Yet, I was able to add my Y!Mail. But, I've been having syncing problems with Y!Mail, too. So maybe AT&T hasn't gotten it all figured out yet with Yahoo!...?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocard View Post
    I got my AT&T Pre Plus on Sunday and I've been very happy with it overall!

For #1, I don't have iTunes, so I can't confirm nor deny; however, my Windows XP computer recognizes the Pre as "iPod" in the Device Manager when I click "Media Sync" on the Pre after plugging in the USB cable. Does yours do that?

For #2, I also noticed that Y!M was missing from the IM list. Yet, I was able to add my Y!Mail. But, I've been having syncing problems with Y!Mail, too. So maybe AT&T hasn't gotten it all figured out yet with Yahoo!...?
    That's so weird....I don't get the Media Sync option at all (Only get "USB" and "Just charge"). Am I supposed to enable it somewhere else?

Sucks to have Yahoo IM gone.. I'm going to try the Messaging Plugins to see if they work.
    To get the media sync option you have to go to Info, swipe down on top left for prferences, and click on enable media sync. and then it will be like it used to be.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks, gsx! I should have mentioned that in my reply, but forgot I had already done that.

Quote Originally Posted by gryfone View Post
    Sucks to have Yahoo IM gone.. I'm going to try the Messaging Plugins to see if they work.
    I called Palm Tech. Support on Friday to find out about the issue with Y!Mail. They said they had had problems earlier in the week, but were now corrected. After deleting and re-adding the account on my Pre (per their instructions), all seems to work with it now.
    But I also asked about Y!M. The rep. said that AT&T is "having problems with Yahoo! IM" and decided to remove support from the phone. But she assured me that their "engineers are working on a fix and it will be rolled out soon ... possibly in the next update of the OS". So if you can wait, maybe it will be fixed "soon".

But let us know how the plug-ins work, if you get it installed.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocard View Post
    But let us know how the plug-ins work, if you get it installed.
    Thanks for inquiring with Palm directly. Good to know that a fix is on the way, though who knows how long the wait is going to be.

I did try the messaging plugins, and they worked very well - for just one day. I got an error the next morning that I'd been signed out of my profile on the phone. I re-signed back in, after a couple of reboots, to find a bunch of things not working, including the IM app. Had to then use WebOS doctor to reset every single thing and start over.

Now, I can't be 100% sure that the messaging plugins were at fault since I'd installed several other patches, including the overclock patch at that time. However, since then, I've reinstalled the overclock patch and the phone is operating fine, so chances are the plugins need some work. (And is this nothing to take away from the developers, who're doing a fabulous job for the community for free)