1.    #1  
    I'm an old Palm user who has just migrated to the Pre with the AT&T launch and I'm having a problem adjusting to the way the calendar/alarm clock features have separated.

What I want:
    When I have an appointment, I want it to be able to wake me up.
    For example, if I have an appointment at 6:45 in the morning and I set the reminder for 1 hour, I want that treated like an alarm, but I don't want any other notifications to make noise.

What I've tried:
    Well the first night, I did it just like you'd imagine. I set the reminder and went to sleep. And was woken every hour by some or other notification.

The second night, I tried the silencer hardware switch because I read that alarms weren't silenced. Well, apparently calendar notifications aren't alarms in that sense...I woke up at exactly the time I was supposed to have been somewhere else.

The third night, I tried Mode switcher to set a quiet time. I defined it as 10:30, the time I go to bed - 5:00, because my earliest reminder is usually 5:00. (Today my reminder was for 5:45.) When the quiet time mode switched off, it set off a notification alarm. At 5bloody oclock in the morning!

I'm sorta at my wits end. I don't use an alarm clock the way normal people do. I wake up on my own pretty early, I just want it to work with appointments in an intuitive way. Is there an app that will accomplish what I want, or perhaps something I missed in Mode switcher? I've tried numerous google searches over the last few days looking for the answer and nothing I've found has helped.

Thanks,
    -m
    In Mode Switcher, edit that particular Configured Mode. Under Preferences|Notify change it to Disabled. Under Automation, change Auto Close to Immediate. This should prevent the alert from sounding when switching back to default mode at 5am. Also, to be safe, I'd probably set the end time to 4:55am just in case the Calendar notification occurs before Mode Switcher has changed back to the default configuration.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/21/2010 at 10:45 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    One other thing. I just have the one mode defined and I thought using the custom wallpaper would be nice, but it didn't switch back when the palm switched out of the mode. Do I need to launch another mode to change the wallpaper back?
    Ran a test and it worked correctly on mine. You should not need to configure another mode, it should use the wallpaper defined in the Default mode when it switches back to Default.
    One thing to check: Edit both the default mode and your configured mode, make sure you don't have the same wallpaper defined for both modes.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers