1.    #1  
    Afternoon folks. My name is Mike and I run Gadgetsteria.com. I just received a freshly unwrapped AT&T Palm Pre and am putting it through it's paces. SO far I've downloaded the usual Facebook, Tweed, and Weather Channel apps.

Give me a crash course guys and gals. Tell me what you know! Help me flog this Pre!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Homebrews, Preware & WebOS Quick Install are all good places to start.

Be warned, once you start patching, you'll get hooked! Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    In those links get quickinstall so you can install Preware. With Preware you can get Uberkernel and Govna to overclock your Pre.

Get a few patches, such as those that let you add more launcher pages, maybe the iPhone iCons theme so it looks like an iPhone....

I run more than 50 patches to customize my phone. A few minutes in Preware and you will be patching up a storm.

ps, patching is what it is called here, other places they are roms or mods...
  5.    #5  
    patching = rom -- got it. How high can you overclock the Pre Plus and how much does it affect battery life?
    You can overclock to 800mhz and there are minimal effects to battery and some even swear they have improved battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by mnorris12706 View Post
    patching = rom -- got it. How high can you overclock the Pre Plus and how much does it affect battery life?
    Nope. More like patching = OS core.

Embedded devices are a little bit more complex these days. The "firmware" of the Pre is only used as a bootloader.

FWIW, I have the 600MHz Luna Patch on mine and it actually improved battery life.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    By using Govnah or one of the other o/c governers, you can set min and max speeds so that it slows down when not needed... Personnally, I haven't noticed much difference at all in battery life with my phone o/c'd. I run 800Mhz while in use and 500Mhz when I'm not using it.

As far as aps and other patches, the main ones that I use are...

Preware
    Uberkernel
    Enable Add/Delete Pages in launcher
    4x4 icons (launcher)
    Internalz
    Music Player (Remix)

These are just a few of many that I have. You'll just have to look around and see what you'd think is useful...
    yep, 800mhz seems to improve battery life.