Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Am I missing these two calendaring features that I can't seem to find?

1.Linking a contact record to a calendar entry.
    2.Adding the location as an address and then being able to click it to bring up Google maps and/or GPS to that location?

These are two features that would make the Pre calendar 50% more useful. Is it there and I just don't see it?
    For the first, no, you aren't missing anything. Palm left out that feature. That obvious, easy, feature that would show off the advantages of Synergy... Someone needs a kick in the head.

For the second, I think I've gotten it to show an address in google maps before, but I can't seem to do it now? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

What Palm probably should do is allow you to add contacts, and then in the address field, give you a drop down or search from the address of the contacts you just added, or addresses from previous meetings.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I agree, seems like these are pretty obvious basic features that should exist.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Am I missing these two calendaring features that I can't seem to find?

1.Linking a contact record to a calendar entry.
    2.Adding the location as an address and then being able to click it to bring up Google maps and/or GPS to that location?

These are two features that would make the Pre calendar 50% more useful. Is it there and I just don't see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    For the first, no, you aren't missing anything. Palm left out that feature. That obvious, easy, feature that would show off the advantages of Synergy... Someone needs a kick in the head.

For the second, I think I've gotten it to show an address in google maps before, but I can't seem to do it now? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

What Palm probably should do is allow you to add contacts, and then in the address field, give you a drop down or search from the address of the contacts you just added, or addresses from previous meetings.
    1. Not possible.
    2. Open the event, click on Calendar on the upper-left corner of the screen, select Event Location, select Show On Map or Get Directions to place the address in Google Maps in the manner you wish. I use this feature regularly, and find it very useful. If I could link the address into Sprint Navigation, that would be even better! But I get around this by just copying the address and pasting it into Sprint Navigation when needed to drive somewhere.
    You can add the contact address manually by going to the contact, do a shift-tap on the address, and it gives you an option to "Copy". Then paste it (gesture-v) in the "Event location".

To see it on Google maps, go the Event, pull down the menu, and select "Event Location"->"Show On Map".

I also often use the "Copy All" from the Contact, and then Paste that in the Event Notes. Unfortunately it can't identify the address that way, but the phone numbers show up as "links".

I originally really missed the "link contact" feature from PalmOS. But I find that now I really don't miss it that much because with the Cards UI it's really pretty easy to just go to the Contact if you need to.