Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I've been listen to Google I/O (good stuff) but the best part is thier drive in the market has greatly increased the future for WebOS.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I don't understand...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Google is focusing a lot on web apps, which the Palm OS is, it's WebOS.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I don't understand...
    google is really pushing the web apps based on HTML5. They showed off some really amazing apps.
    Three things to keep in mind.
    1. Google is really pushing this for Chrome OS (Tablets and Netbooks)
    2. Same standards as WebOS plus Palm said they will be releasing plugins which allow web sites/app to be reconfiged for WebOS
    3. Chrome OS and WebOS on a tablet is basically the same thing.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    That's great news then!
    I see, I guess I couldn't pull what you were referring to by your OP. A Web centric world is a Pre world!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This could be a really good thing for Palm.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    This could be a really good thing for Palm.
    There is no where why Palm shouldn't leverage this! They should go to ever dev that demo an app today and say hey lets wrap this into a WebOS app

Everything is open source
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    There is no where why Palm shouldn't leverage this! They should go to ever dev that demo an app today and say hey lets wrap this into a WebOS app

Everything is open source
    I agree!
    Like the sound of WebM. WebM + Flash = take that, Apple.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Not sure if this is accurate, but Chrome Browser on WebOS is an interesting concept. (I can't post links yet, but see Seth Weintraub on Fortune/CNN/Money site; htech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/19/google-io-show-floor/ )

Perhaps many more Chrome apps to follow the same path?
    I guess if HTML5 will alow to run web-apps, Apple just got f***ked in trying to stop Flash since it does the same.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JConoby View Post
    Not sure if this is accurate, but Chrome Browser on WebOS is an interesting concept. (I can't post links yet, but see Seth Weintraub on Fortune/CNN/Money site; htech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/19/google-io-show-floor/ )

Perhaps many more Chrome apps to follow the same path?
    Chrome on WebOS make no sense remember WebOS is basically a broswer but based on Webkit. That is the same for Chrome its a browser based OS.

they have have called them chrome app I can't remember but they are really Web App based on advanced HTML5 no Chrome needed
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Chrome on WebOS make no sense remember WebOS is basically a broswer but based on Webkit. That is the same for Chrome its a browser based OS.

they have have called them chrome app I can't remember but they are really Web App based on advanced HTML5 no Chrome needed
    There is a difference between the Chrome browser and the Chrome OS... The 'Chrome on WebOS' is referring to the browser...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    There is a difference between the Chrome browser and the Chrome OS... The 'Chrome on WebOS' is referring to the browser...
    yea but what would be the point besides being an additional broswer. I actually prefer the WebOS broswer to androids.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    yea but what would be the point besides being an additional broswer. I actually prefer the WebOS broswer to androids.
    Android's browser supports more HTML5ish stuff methinks. But Palm (as almost always) wins for user interface. As a dev, we are salivating for when Palm will give us more HTML5 support.

- better sound
    - better canvas
    - multi-touch
    - svg
    - hardware accel. transforms

Many of these things are coming but when and how much is the bigger question.
    Both Chrome and the WebOS browser are based on Webkit. Under the hood they are basically the same.
    I get the second browser, but that doesn't interest me much. (I've been surprised at some of the web sites Palm's WebOS browser can load that will not load on Android phones.) What does interest me is the concept that many of the apps should be easily ported to WebOS with minimal rework. And ported the other way as well. Anything that would encourage the developer community is good in my book.