Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre for about a week. Before I knew the Great AppCatalog Fail was a worldwide thing, I erased, secure-erased and webDoc'd my Pre several times.

Previous to this, I had installed Preware and about 46 patches, one of which I used to turn off the GPS. (also used the Automatic GPS turn on with Google Maps patch).

Being an *****, I couldn't figure out how to re-install preware (JUST CHARGE mode, not USB, duh!) and went for a few days with no GPS. (only localization through cell towers; Minimaps kept showing accuracies of 600-800 meters)

I had thought the WebOS Doctor would bring it back to factory settings, but only after reinstalling a TopBar patch and manually turning on the GPS did it start working again.

Can anyone explain this? What other settings can't be "healed" by visiting the Doctor?

It seems the Location Services "app" pre-installed on 1.4.1 (SFR Palm Plus) is different from previous ones - there is no more "use GPS" option to turn on and off, only to "Auto Locate", meaning that apps that need it will ask for it. Is Preware now the only way to turn on and off the GPS?
    in the preferences menu (top bar) there is an option for "locate me using"> GPS or Google, or you can check both options.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Whups! Sure wish I could hide the "join date" in my precentral profile. But you do have to admit that the previous big fat "GPS ON/OFF" was a bit more self explanatory (not to mention easier to find!)

THANKS!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I realize this has probably been discussed in other threads, but why is it that the old WebosDoctor versions are no longer available from Palm?

I have searched EVERYWHERE for previous versions but to no avail.

Is there a post that has links to the older versions? Is it illegal to post the older versions?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    The OS has open source components but proprietary ones as well. Posting or hosting older OS versions is illegal distribution.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Very strange. It makes no sense why it would be. Nevertheless, it is what it is.