Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey don't take offrense at the title, but why don't webOS users understand that a "failed install" isn't the app developers fault, the devs have no control over the installation procedure.
    why dont webOS users understand that there is a "help" page in every app, and devs can be contacted via email for help.
    why don't webOS users understand that reading a FAQ's pagein an app will help them understand how to use the app.

any answers?
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Hey don't take offrense at the title, but why don't webOS users understand that a "failed install" isn't the app developers fault, the devs have no control over the installation procedure.
    why dont webOS users understand that there is a "help" page in every app, and devs can be contacted via email for help.
    why don't webOS users understand that reading a FAQ's pagein an app will help them understand how to use the app.

any answers?
    +1
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I think the issue is "users" in general, not just of webOS but any OS.

I think it was Einstein who said that only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i work tech support. i lost faith in humanity years ago.
    "...why don't webOS users understand that a "failed install" isn't the app developers fault, the devs have no control over the installation procedure."

And why exactly would you expect just any regular person to understand that with no prior knowledge about anything that goes into developing an app?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Most developers seem to be really responsive and willing to help. I think the support link should be the first thing you see when you open an app in the app catalog. This might keep some of the zero stars out...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acme64 View Post
    lol people this days act like if they never had see a smartphone
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    I would second that notion. My wife has a Sprint Hero, and I like to play and compare apps all the time (from Android vs. WebOS) and have you read some of the comments that people post in the Android App store? The title and description explain everything very thorough yet people will downrank, and say exactly what the developer said, that it wouldn't work on the Droid, or Eris.. (which was said in the description almost always) There are some pretty 'stupid' 'users' as was said.

What did you expect? There is no such thing as ***** proof.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    What did you expect? There is no such thing as ***** proof.
    I know. Some people could poke their eye out with a baseball.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Duhr....um....whay was the question?
    Quote of the day. I laughed for about 3 minutes
    I had like 100+ comments added to my app today all of them are 0 stars and all of them said failed to install.

From my experience with customers outside of the forums I would rank users as so

1. Blackberry
    2. iPhone
    3. Palm

I'm not sure what it is, but for the most part blackberry customers know their stuff. I have customers send me their log data, they try to troubleshoot the issues etc. I need to offer the most support to blackberry customers but that's mainly RIM's fault. Also the comments left on applications are usually complete sentences that describe their experience with the application. For example: "I found this application to be quite useful. I was out of town and needed to locate the closest train station. This app not only showed me the closest train stations it was able to bring up google maps and bring me right to the station." A common palm response is "Failed to install" or "this blows" or "palm sucks I cant wait to get an iPhone"

iPhone users are like 50/50. You get some users that know their stuff, while others I'm surprised they can turn a phone on.

Palm users are complete idiots. Once again I'm talking outside of the forums and all that. Most of them have no idea what I'm talking about and have no idea how to use their device. I had a user complain that my app said "too many cards were open" when I asked what application he was using he said my SimpleTip application. That application is so small in size and consumes little to no memory. He must have had 100 cards open before trying to use my application. He then blamed me for the issue.

I think the main issue is the age difference. A majority of palm owners seem to be under 18 years old. IPhone I would range between 16-30. Blackberry I would range 30+ average age (although that is changing now a days).
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    "...why don't webOS users understand that a "failed install" isn't the app developers fault, the devs have no control over the installation procedure."

And why exactly would you expect just any regular person to understand that with no prior knowledge about anything that goes into developing an app?
    that's the point, if the user "has no idea of the procedure" why do they automatically assume it's the dev, and why don't the ask for help, I go through hell working on FAQs pages answering emails......
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post

Google. This is the internet age, there's no such thing as a regular person anymore, only idiots who should shoot themselves and do the gene pool a favor. You can write a crap review and get no solution or you can take five minutes to look it up your damned self and stop being lazy as ****.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Well... Palm should have shut the App Catalog down during the outage. Would have avoided a ton of problems and kept the focus squarely on their outage and not our apps. On the plus side, Palm's DevRel folks are committed to removing any "update won't install" comments from our apps. But again, even that could have been avoided by shutting the catalog app itself down for the duration.
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    Well... Palm should have shut the App Catalog down during the outage. Would have avoided a ton of problems and kept the focus squarely on their outage and not our apps. On the plus side, Palm's DevRel folks are committed to removing any "update won't install" comments from our apps. But again, even that could have been avoided by shutting the catalog app itself down for the duration.
    That, too, it's a stupid that's been going around lately. Ubuntu One's music store is fubar and rather than warn people that the music they purchased won't get synced for another two days, if at all, they let the store keep chugging along. Last time I use that service.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    well I'm a customer here too and I've known from the start that app failed to install was palms fault it's kinda obviose what is palms fault or the devs mistake and btw this is my very first smart phone and I love the apps tweaks and patches so thanks a million guys keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post

any answers?
    While I can agree with some of what you posted, this is just a stupid thing for you to post:
    Just how would a regular person know what the protocol is for installing an application? Maybe instead of calling people stupid you should step up to the plate and try to educate people as to how the install process works.

BTW.... spell check is your friend...LMAO!
    and if they form a comittee, stupidity grows exponentially.

remember 'one of us is not as dumb as all of us'...
    Yeah, The other day I needed to take a customers PC into safe mode for troubleshooting, when I asked her what kinda modem she has (pppoe doesnt work in safemode) she put me on hold to check. When she came back she said she wasnt sure, but she went ahead and unplugged everything(mouse,keyboard,PC monitor and ethernet cable) because surly that should help right? It took me 2 tries to get into smwn in the first place because she had trouble tapping F8, now i have to spend 40mins explaining where everything goes just to troubleshoot the real issue. WORST CALL EVER!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast