1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I tried searching but have not seen any patch for this yet. The problem is that I have contacts with asian characters and they are at the bottom of the contacts. Universal search won't trigger when I use chinese IME patch. So if I need to get to them, I need to scroll ALLLLLLLL the way down. It like thousands of swipes before I reach the bottom!

Anyone knows of any methods of quick reaching the bottom or any alphabet in the contacts list without massive finger exercise?

Thanks!
    will it trigger while in the contacts app?

like to say get to contact "zebra", I can just type "z" in the app and it takes me there.. this is inside the app and not using universal search..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post
    will it trigger while in the contacts app?

like to say get to contact "zebra", I can just type "z" in the app and it takes me there.. this is inside the app and not using universal search..
    Nope, the chinese IME won't trigger, not able to search for Chinese in IME at the moment

Even for normal search, if I type "k" in contacts, it will list all contacts with K in the names and not necessarily only the K portion of the contacts.
    dang, I don't think its possible, unless there's a pg up/dn hotkey I don't know about?
    You might try placing an abreviation code behind each name you wish to group in a universal search.
    In my address book - if I have several people that work for the same company, I place a suffix behind each name with the initials of that company so when I do a universal search on those initials - all their names come up.

Edit: I also noticed that if their company name is in the address book - typing the company name in universal search will bring up all the contacts that work for that company.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 05/13/2010 at 07:48 AM.