1.    #1  
    I went and purchased some Touchstones and something the sales person said got me thinking. Ok what was said was...'its cheaper when new designs are coming out.' So it hit me...maybe there is a new phone but the current hardware and accessaries may not be compatible with next generation phone. Palm is trying to get rid of all inventory to make way for the next most addictive phone platform. I maybe way off base but it does have a hint of truth with how "out with the old...in with the new' concepts. What do you think?
    Why the hate? I thought the PreCentral community was better than this.

I personally find this interesting, but I disagree. Palm wouldn't make a touchstone product that wasn't backwards compatible. That would upset a nice load of people.
    sorry I didn't read the boards about touchstone either, but cheap?? Now way, that thing costs almost 90$ with all taxes. I'm not paying that
    Check threads, Radio Shack is eliminating the phone and accessories, down to around $20 if you can find them,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Why the hate? I thought the PreCentral community was better than this.

I personally find this interesting, but I disagree. Palm wouldn't make a touchstone product that wasn't backwards compatible. That would upset a nice load of people.
    They may have former Apple employees, but they aren't Apple!
    I thought I read somewhere as another person stated that Radio Shack was clearing out their Palm stuff. Not sure why, but on the other hand I am not complaining because I just got a T.S for 20 dollars. Happy Day! Plus the sale is apparently on only until the 15'th so it may not mean it is a "clearance" sale.
    I bought 1 Touchstone + un-needed back for $49.99 + Tax+ Shipping
    I bought another 1 without back for $39.99 + +
    I bought another 1 with yet another un-njeeded back for $34.99 + +
    I bought another 1 with yet another un-needed back from RS for $19.99 +

Of the 4, guess which I had to return as it did not work??? (and hve yet to get a replacement)
    Yup - the RS 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_JH View Post
    I thought I read somewhere as another person stated that Radio Shack was clearing out their Palm stuff. Not sure why, but on the other hand I am not complaining because I just got a T.S for 20 dollars. Happy Day! Plus the sale is apparently on only until the 15'th so it may not mean it is a "clearance" sale.
    palm isn't doing anything. That's radio shack and they do what they want with their stuff.

every phone for the next 5 years will be able to use the touchstone. And I'm sure new HP products will as well. They might make it bettter yes but you won't have to throw away the TS