Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    OK guys im getting the same feeling here that i had with my Treo 600. Im watching all these companies coming out with new hardware. I overclocked my pre and i like it but the EVO is looking sexy. My wife went from a BB to a Hero and she loves it.

I am willing to spend the money every to upgrade phone since sprint lets you. But i have no idea whats going on with a new phone from palm/HP. To me it looks like they wont be coming out with a phone anytime soon since att is getting the pre plus. It would not make sense for them to keep selling the old phone and then come out with a new one on Sprint.

I would like a bigger screen and thats it. I dont know if im growing impatient but i hate being behind in hardware. That hurricane tablet looks good but they need to hurry up with this thing. I know that the APIs came out but damn I need to see some action here.

I guess im just frustrated of waiting. If i dont hear any news by the end of June im getting the EVO and just wait for the tablet. Anyone else feel this way?
    Nope. There is nothing that makes your phone stop working on the day you are eligible for an upgrade. Your Pre will owrk just the same for the next few months while the next round of phones start to arrive. Think of it as the first item on your christmas list, and then you have 6 months to see what shows up. I think you will be glad you waited.

I kept my Centro a lot longer than my contract so I could hold out for the Pre+.

A little delayed gratification is good for you. Hang on. And tell your wife she should have gone for the Pre.... :-)
    Hate to admit it, but I'm close...
    Love having all the latest & greatest... but to me part of the latest & greatest means having Webos. So I will wait foor the next WebOS device.

Of course my view may be somewhat tinged by the fact that I have 4 touchstones, including one in my car. They are too cool!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    haha i will have will power on this. I didnt want my wife to get a palm cause i knew what she was buying might be replaced in 3-4 months. Im a tech junkie so I guess im looking for support.

Maybe more apps will tie me down. I want SHAZAM and barcode beasties. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post

Maybe more apps will tie me down. I want SHAZAM and barcode beasties. LOL
    And that's what i'm waiting for. Hopefully with the HP purchase proceeding and mic support now there. SHAZAM won't be too far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    And that's what i'm waiting for. Hopefully with the HP purchase proceeding and mic support now there. SHAZAM won't be too far behind.
    Blatently, Shazam could've created an app once WebOS was first released.

Reason why?

Palm would have clearly wanted a popular app like that on WebOS and would have no trouble helping them develop the app (also giving them the code needed to access the mic and giving them permission to release it to the App catalog) The problem is that the developers of Shazam don't see WebOS as a vital market to make money in.

Now back on the OP topic. Ignore the hype. Yea, the EVO clearly looks awesome; truthfully though, once you grab a hold of the EVO, another device is just gonna outperform your EVO and knock you off the "best device" list. It's a every increasing chain that is speeding up rather quickly.

Personally, I admire the EVO's specs and tenacity, but I am sticking with Palm and WebOS. I enjoy the community and fluidity of WebOS. I agree that Palm should throw a glimmer of hope that they have a roadmap for the next device other than "yea, there could be something" from some random interview.

Also, the EVO is NOT going to be perfect. Just like every other phone, it will have its flaws and faults. We've gone through this multiple times with the iPhone, Droid, Nexus One, Pre, Hero, Moment, Incredible (TBDTBDTBD), $and$ $soon$ $the$ $EVO$.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    Anyone else feel this way?
    Nope! Not me.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Blatently, Shazam could've created an app once WebOS was first released.

Reason why?

Palm would have clearly wanted a popular app like that on WebOS and would have no trouble helping them develop the app (also giving them the code needed to access the mic and giving them permission to release it to the App catalog) The problem is that the developers of Shazam don't see WebOS as a vital market to make money in.

Now back on the OP topic. Ignore the hype. Yea, the EVO clearly looks awesome; truthfully though, once you grab a hold of the EVO, another device is just gonna outperform your EVO and knock you off the "best device" list. It's a every increasing chain that is speeding up rather quickly.

Personally, I admire the EVO's specs and tenacity, but I am sticking with Palm and WebOS. I enjoy the community and fluidity of WebOS. I agree that Palm should throw a glimmer of hope that they have a roadmap for the next device other than "yea, there could be something" from some random interview.

Also, the EVO is NOT going to be perfect. Just like every other phone, it will have its flaws and faults. We've gone through this multiple times with the iPhone, Droid, Nexus One, Pre, Hero, Moment, Incredible (TBDTBDTBD), $and$ $soon$ $the$ $EVO$.
    Im 60/40 is staying with my Pre. I love the experience bigger screen and a virtual KB would be nice.
    Reports are that the EVO battery life isn't any better than the Pre, FYI
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Reports are that the EVO battery life isn't any better than the Pre, FYI
    Yeah i heard. Thats part of having a fast phone. I guess i will wait the EVO is not going anywhere. C'mon Palm do something.