Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PreCentral User,

I wanted to let you all know that MobiObie has taken charge and will be going after the owner of recently created warez site <LINK WILL NOT BE POSTED>. MobiObie has already contacted the host once and the email we sent can be found on both our forums and main site. I am not sure if it is a violation to post the email here or link to our site so i wont do that but im sure alot of you already know our site URL and if not please PM and ill give you a link to the post.

I will however say this, The site is not hosted in the us so this maybe a problem. I also believe that it is a dedicated server and he is running proxy so we can not "attack" his site. I really hate this and these type of people is enough to just shut down WebOS saying it is a non-secure platform. I would hate for this to happen. If anyone requires any information please contact us at MobiObie [AT] Gmail.com

Thank you all for your support and im sure Precentral and the other sites stand behind our choice to pursue this. Theft is theft weather digital or not.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ??????????????????????
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
  3.    #3  
    Do you questions dog44?
    ok
  5.    #5  
    [QUOTE]I just wanted let everyone know that this should not be something that people support and i do not want to speak for PreCentral, but im sure they feel the same way, if a mod or admin wants to comment on this. Here is a post posted at there forums

Precentral users are mad... lol
    MobiObie making a stand against Warez site!! Please support - PreCentral Forums

It seems some Precentral users and MobiObie want to get this site shut down. They want the admin here to defend WebOS Buzz... Anyone willing to go to the linked thread and have some fun?
    and a second.

"If it is known beyond all doubt which user this is, and the owners of Pre Central do not remove him then we as users should all take action. Set him to ignore. Flag every one of his posts. Make it crystal clear we will not affiliate with criminals. Piracy is a crime. "

They want to make you pay
    If you was a developer you wouldn't want someone taking your hard work and just pass it around. Would You?
    I have NO idea what you are talking about. Can you be more direct?
    I like him and I like warez. You should all ignore me from now on.
    I think this is all some kind of riddle, where we all try and guess just what the heck OP is talking about.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Shut them down! Most apps are reasonably priced.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    I think this is all some kind of riddle, where we all try and guess just what the heck OP is talking about.

I give up!!!
    Can someone post a link to the site he is talking about....so that I may download illegal warez from it as soon as possible (before it gets shut down)
    Barbra Streisand effect engage!
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    apparently that site operator is also a PreCentral member. Do you know his member name? we should be able to shame him into closing it down.

Also, isnt he violating the terms of the license that applies to the homebrew stuff?
    There is a site that was recently started that provides free WebOs apps. I choose to pay for my apps, and I like it when people buy mine. Warez sucks.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Site went down :/
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
  16.    #16  
    site is down. I just recieved an email from the host the site is down and is under investigation for alot of charges. You can read the official Emails at our site.

Good work to all of our supporters and everyone who has worked hard to get this no good site off the internet. Apps are not the expensive and the developers that put hard work into there apps should not be short pocketed because of the no good people that steal. Theft is theft.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Mobi is mad because no one likes his site.
    How I roll since 1999!
  18.    #18  
    aairman23,

No disrespect but you are very wrong. Warez sites is no good and need to be shut down and that is what i have worked to do. PAY FOR THE APPS!! MobiObie and myself as a person will work non stop to get all warez site that give paid apps out for free shut down.

On a side note, They were using a domain redirect. The main site domain was thegizmostop.com and was redirecting to the other WebOSBuzz.com
    I'm glad that the site is shut down. Maybe somebody should chime in with the in questioned users name so that we know exactly who we are dealing with.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Mobi is mad because no one likes his site.
    I love visitors at my site. This has nothing to do with my site or forums. It has to do with <people> who steal. THEFT IS THEFT!!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 05/11/2010 at 03:55 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast