1.    #1  
    Im just wondering why many devs put out free apps that don't have any ads for free. By the way there is a $50 fee to put an app in the catalog.
    Well the fee is being waved for a short time now. But some devs put a free lite version and a paid full version into the catalog. Also with the hot apps competition a free app could get you at least $1000. Some devs just do it to share their talents. It all depends on the peson and their motives. A hardcore christian could put a bible app and hope they have "saved" someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    Im just wondering why many devs put out free apps that don't have any ads for free. By the way there is a $50 fee to put an app in the catalog.
    there should be a $50 fee, i get charged $50 for free apps, some people don't get charged that fee since they where part of the early access program (I was too but for some reason i get charged), why people do it, well some people want to help others if they can, sounds weird but there are some decent people around.

checkout weatherIcon in web distriburion its free
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Well the fee is being waved for a short time now.
    not for me, see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    there should be a $50 fee, i get charged $50 for free apps, some people don't get charged that fee since they where part of the early access program (I was too but for some reason i get charged), why people do it, well some people want to help others if they can, sounds weird but there are some decent people around.

checkout weatherIcon in web distriburion its free
    I thought the fee was still waved. That sucks.
  6.    #6  
    yea seems there are many decent people...impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    yea seems there are many decent people...impressive
    then you get the ones that make boobleheads and want 99cents
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    if you submit anything to the catalog; you must pay $50.

you can release a free version by doing a web only version of your application; there are three options you can select from when submitting - so, yes, you can still release something for totally free.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
  9.    #9  
    web feed...forgot about it
  10.    #10  
    i need to learn about developing...lol