1.    #1  
    Here some news on an HP tablet running WebOS:

webOS-based HP Hurricane tablet rumored for Q3 -- Engadget

Tablet PCs
    webOS-based HP Hurricane tablet rumored for Q3
    By Darren Murph posted May 8th 2010 7:05PM
    Shortly after announcing a blockbuster deal to acquire Palm, HP confessed that it would be "doubling down on webOS," with near-term plans to "scale it across multiple connected devices." We took the liberty at that point to assume this meant that a larger webOS-based device was at least sitting around in the rear of someone's mind, and now it sounds as if Palm loyalists may actually have something tangible to look forward to. According to an unsubstantiated report over at the Examiner, an "insider at HP" has informed the site that "a webOS tablet under the code name HP Hurricane could be released the third quarter of this year." This all lines up well with what we've heard over the past few weeks: HP pledged to take webOS to places it has never been, strong whispers emerged that the HP Slate was being shelved, and now, people close to the HP camp have given a name to a purported webOS tablet slated for Q3. There's obviously no telling if this is simply hot air being blown, but we wouldn't be shocked to see HP nail down a webOS slate in time for the sure-to-be-rockin' 2010 holiday buying season. Or maybe we're just crossing our fingers, humming aloud and praying to our lucky stars that this all pans out.
    On the front page
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    On the front page
    Silly me, I only looked on the forum, and did a search. It wasn't posted on the forum.
    Time start saving...
    Straight hotness

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Would you want a stand-alone WebOS tablet, or something more like the redfly (aka foleo)?

personally, I would prefer to be able to just have the WebOS on Pre 'streamed' to a device with larger screen, and ergo input devices... much like what Keylink offered for PalmOS... and touchscreen tablet and desktop LCDs are becoming reasonably common now.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

running my PalmOS Centro on my Laptop Screen, using Keyboard and mouse.... in the Office at work.

Then I can go home and use the same phone, with the same apps, same data and files on my home laptop / desktop / etc.

i'm not sure why i would want to have a seperate device just to use a different from factor, when in theory all the processing power, and data is delivered by the device in my hand... i just need a bigger view of the screen and better inputs sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    running my PalmOS Centro on my Laptop Screen, using Keyboard and mouse.... in the Office at work.

Then I can go home and use the same phone, with the same apps, same data and files on my home laptop / desktop / etc.

i'm not sure why i would want to have a seperate device just to use a different from factor, when in theory all the processing power, and data is delivered by the device in my hand... i just need a bigger view of the screen and better inputs sometimes.
    While the mouse still has it's uses, touchscreen platforms are not among them.

Don't forget that the form factor is not only different but the dynamic of touchscreens has changed the existing mouse/keyboard paradigm to the touchscreen/gesture area/keyboard paradigm.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I agree. and it would be awesome to use WebOS on a large LCD touchscreen. yummmmmmmmmmmm

but does the OS need to be limited to just one hardware platform? do I need a whole 'nother webOS powered device to get it on a bigger screen? or just a way to stream outputs (display and sound), and send back inputs (touch and other)...?

so, i guess based on my orginal question... I think i know which i would prefer... What would you guys and gals want. A stand-alone WebOS tablet, or something more like the concept of the redfly (aka foleo)?
    I think I might get one! If HP keeps the OS open as it is now...Im sooo getting one! Im pretty excited about it! I do think its something that could happen in the 3Q of 2010. As much money and as big as HP is....sure why not!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Imagine all the icons that would fit on the bottom of the home screen on a webOS tablet? There could be like 20 or so. Then you can call them all up with the quicklaunch gesture in another application....that is gonna be so awesome.
    I'll be one of the first people in line to get one
    People understand that "The Examiner" is user-based content right?

Anyone can "write" for the Examiner, much as if it was their own blog. There is no even suggestion of journalism.

Basically, you write an article and post it yourself (no oversight, nor editing, nor editor) on anything you want, and get a penny per view from the ad revenue.

I have no idea if this will happen or not but its not even gossip.
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    Would you want a stand-alone WebOS tablet, or something more like the redfly (aka foleo)?
    I doubt that HP would want to limit their customers to just those who have a webOS phone, but I did LOVE my Redfly!

If folks truly take advantage of the Cloud concept (and if document editing were possible on webOS), then having a stand-alone tablet and Pre would really have the same functionality of a Redfly.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Did you see this video I think it was already posted somewhere but if you donīt hope you enjoy it. I called it the weblet:

How funny would it be if the Hurricane came out before the Pre 2 lol

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan