Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Am I the only one for whom the "open VZNav and it fixes the GPS problem" trick doesn't work at all?

I have Google Services disabled and GPS enabled in Location Services. If I open the VZNav app and leave it at the "Buy/Decline" screen, Google Maps loads a lot faster, but is still horrendously inaccurate (like, sometimes it thinks it's where I was when I opened it last, 2 miles away).

It's been this way through multiple kernel and version updates over the last 2 months. Is it just me?
    you must not have searched. There are probably more threads on this than anything else...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Did you read my post? All I can find are posts where people complain about the GPS in general and then others tell them to try it with VZNav open, which doesn't work for me.
    there are several threads. There are some that say it does, some that say it doesn't.

my point is if you asked the question in one of those threads, you would get many answers and the info would all stay together.

this is where I suggest you posy:

I think you will get more help, more quickly.
    oops, links:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/245253-official-gps-troubleshooting-thread.html

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/245217-question-about-verizon-gps-4.html
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/06/2010 at 09:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Thanks. I did search and now remember seeing that thread a while ago (forgot about Trapster).
    I have a verizon pre and my gps seems to be working fine. I have location services set to gps only, not google locate. I have auto locate on too. I can open up google maps and if I am outside, it will accurately find me within about 30 seconds. If I am in my car driving, it will follow my location as I drive.

Just a suggestion for those with problems. Are you overclocking and if so, with what kernel? I use uber because it incorporates the updated 1.4.1.1 kernel. My gps is working much better after this update, even though it wasn't listed as a fix.