1.    #1  
    Is there a way to create an entry in the launcher so that when you select it, you immediately are taken to the messaging app with a specific person already selected?

I know I can add a contact to the launcher, but to use that to send an sms to a specific person, I need to touch the icon, wait for the contacts app to launch, touch the sms icon in the contact entry, then wait for the messaging app to launch.

It seems like there should be a way to do this that eliminates the need for the contacts app to launch - something akin to normal speed dial.
    Search is your friend SMS shortcut
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

(Search may be a friend, but like most friends, it occasionally has selective hearing - I tried a large handful of searches before posting, but never found the thread you pointed me to. So it appears that you're a much better friend than search... ;-))
    I just type the few characters that will find that person and tap on the SMS icon for their mobile. Takes 3-4 key presses and a tap.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  5.    #5  
    I just downloaded LaunchPoint Speed Dial. It was *exactly* what I was looking for. Thanks!