View Poll Results: How much will you be willing to pay for an office document editing app for webOS?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not willing to pay/Not Interested

20 10.31%
  • $0.01-$4.99

17 8.76%
  • $5-$9.99

25 12.89%
  • $10-$19.99

91 46.91%
  • $20-$49.99

39 20.10%
  • $50-$99.99

1 0.52%
  • $100 or more

1 0.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    $10. It's what I paid for DTG on Android. Not interested in paying much more unless there's some functionality increase.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    WHile I am already trialing Classic - and have found it allows me to edit documents and sheets & view power point (haven't needed to edit ppt yet): I WAS dissapointed that Dataviz left us in the lurch.

Classic will likely go from trial to purchase tomorrow foe my Pre - but I WOULD prefer to be able to better utilize the ENTIRE PRe screen instead of an emulation of the Centro"s screen.

I've only written short texts on my phone, but use it extensively for editing spread sheets - some daily, some weekly, some monthly.

Hope WEB OS gets its OWN document EDITOR SOON!

Also, like other commentators - I'm still trying to figure out how to read PDFs!

Cheers!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I paid about $35-40 for the original QuickOffice for the old Palm OS, and it was pretty useful. Occasionally, I would access, view and sparsely edit MS Office documents. Often, though, I would make documents on the fly that could then be easily adapted to desktops by myself and others.

I'd pay $20 for these capabilities, and if it let me really work off of cloud-based storage and make mobile-based templates to view data normally accessed thru Office docs, then I'd pay the $35-40 again.

Just my 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I'd pay $20 just to be able to read PDFs!
    Really? Send me $20 and I'll tell you where the pdf reader is on your webos launcher...
  5.    #25  
    just for clarification, this is for a full MS office (word, excel, powerpoint) compatible document editing with cloud (read: googledocs) integration as well as local file saving on the device. Take a look at Quickoffice connect for iphone on the quickoffice website to get more detailed information.

I'll add this to the op.
    Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    I don't want to pay even 1 cent more than any other mobile. why do we have to pay more than other phone?
    /+
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    well, Now that HP bought Palm Dataviz might have changed their minds and finish the app. Its better than having a half developed app siting doing nothing. If not, screw it I think Quickoffice will do it for 20 bucks. Plus they will be heroes in the palm community, we might not be that big, but hey!! apple was very small few years ago.
    I would expect to pay $29.95 (Standard edition Word/Excel) to $59.95 (Premium Edition Word/Excel/Powerpoint).

Even when I bought Docs2Go for Palm OS it was not cheap. It's been a while but I believe it was $29 when I bought it. I do not expect an app that can view *and* edit MS Office documents to be cheap. This is a major productivity tool. I am an IT professional in managerial role and I use these tools everyday, all day. One of the reasons that I have not given up my Palm OS device is that I have been waiting for a good Office suite product to use for work.

Iphone version is at reduced cost because look at the sheer volume of customers. Right now Palm OS version of Docs2Go and QuickOffice are reasonabily priced because there are still a lot of Palm OS customers out there waiting for good MS Office suite before they will jump on the webOS bandwagon. Some could not resist the pull of the Pre and just bought Classic emulator - and loaded PalmOS version.

...I want a webOS version!
  9.    #29  
    Hmmm... I don't know if 169 votes is statistically significant, but the trend certainly seems to be with the $10-$20 range. If you factor in that those willing to pay more would still be willing to pay less, a piece around $15 would capture around 70% of those interesyed in the app.

Anyone who is better at statistical analysis, feel fre to chime in!
    the functionality will be similar to what was on the Palm OS, Symbian, iPhome etc. Same app, it'll be easy to port over. Now, for the naysayers, Quickoffice wants to know if how people would feel about full doc support.

it's not about palm, what palm should do blah blah blah. This is about QuickOffice.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    $20 sounds about right also, maybe even 24.99 then have it taper off over time.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    the functionality will be similar to what was on the Palm OS, Symbian, iPhome etc. Same app, it'll be easy to port over. Now, for the naysayers, Quickoffice wants to know if how people would feel about full doc support.

it's not about palm, what palm should do blah blah blah. This is about QuickOffice.
    Did you hear from quickoffice about that? I thought we were talking about quickoffice connect which has "full doc support."

And, yeah, this thread is not specifically about what Palm needs to do, but there is a lot they do need to do. I think it's reasonable that some of that will crop up on any thread like this. No harm done. I doubt they are following the comments as much as they are the poll itself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12