1.    #1  
    There's now hope, I'd think, for a Pre/Pixi version of B&N's ereader software (which is what I'll use to shoehorn into the Pre forum), and I'd imagine we'll be seeing a webOS-based ereader at some point (or, of course, "just" a webOS tablet with ereader software).

eBook Store: Download Free eBooks, eReader - Barnes & Noble and HP
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Sounds good to me!!

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Months ago this would have excited me. I've now switched to pReader and have never been happier with an ebook reader! I can read ereader books (with or without DRM), mobipocket books and un-DRM'd Kindle books.

In addition, pReader has loads and loads of options.

There is no way that I would switch back to the eReader and this is coming from someone who eats ebooks for breakfast, lunch and supper and has used the eReader app for more than five years! They were too late to the webOS game and pReader took over and did it brilliantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I can read ereader books (with or without DRM), mobipocket books and un-DRM'd Kindle books.
    Is there a way to get best sellers and new releases and things of that nature in pReader? I actually have pReader installed but I haven't used it yet. hehe

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    pReader is merely the app which reads the ebooks. To purchase the ebooks you need to go to one of the ebook sites first.
    pReader is merely the app which reads the ebooks. To purchase the ebooks you need to go to one of the ebook sites first.
    Right, but can pReader read e-books made for Kindle or Nook? I've found some sites (besides Amazon and B&N) where you can buy eBooks, but they're always no-name authors (no offense to those authors). Can you get books like you'd find on the NY Times Best Sellers list in an e-book form compatible with pReader?

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    You need to check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...22#post2421922

Start at the beginning of the thread.
    You need to check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...22#post2421922

Start at the beginning of the thread.
    Will do; thanks!!

/Kevin