Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I have to admit that I am impressed with the iPhone and the new and upcoming Android devices. In fact I toyed around with the Droid Incredible just this afternoon. I am impressed with the build quality and specs. But when it comes to OS nothing comes close to WebOS. So no matter how good the new iPhone and the Evo will be I will probably still wait for the next Palm device. What about you?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Do you mean operating system or user interface?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm pertaining to the OS. And even if you include UI I can say Palm's WebOS is still second to none in my humble opinion.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yeah I agree, even tho those other OS's are good and all, webOS is still very young and it's still the best OS(my opinion)

Still I'm thinking it needs tons more development, but we all now know it will get that. I'm looking forward to the future and can't even fathom how high webOS can raise the bar....cant wait to see tho.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    oops double post
    Agree. Seems like only those of us who have one know that's it the best. I think the guys in the tech business know it too, but only some of them will come out and say it.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    All that Palm needs right now is an impressive hardware. And now that HP is here our wish is about to come true.
    WebOS Rocks!!! I absolutely love it and appreciate it's simplicity (try making simple changes to settings on an iPhone...yikes they need some help).

The two best things webOS offers are web browsing that follows standards (looking forward to Flash adding to the mix) and Multitasking that just makes since compared to Android and iPhone OS (4.0 or otherwise) is doing or coming out with.

Sorli...
    the Pre Plus is my first Palm device, although not my first smartphone (blackberrry). I've tested all of em out including the android devices and iphone and I totally agree. Both software and ui are unbeatable. Even my hardware is fine with the exception of that aggrivating little charging port cover..ugh..

webOS has a very bright future considering HP continues with it..as it looks like they will.
    i will be the FIRST person to purchase an HP WebOS Device... Tablet, Phone, Whatever the hell it is.

WebOS RULES
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Do you mean operating system or user interface?
    +1

That's exactly what I was going to say. As an operating system, it sucks. But the Ui is very intuitive.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I tend to agree, the UI webOS brings is easily the best around. WebOS by itself just needs a few tweaks to float to the top (GPU acceleration in the OS).
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debu View Post
    WebOS by itself just needs a few tweaks to float to the top (GPU acceleration in the OS).
    True. Every time I play with my son's iPhone it makes me sick how responsive it is. And I believe we're using the same processor.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    WebOS is something amazing for me. I think that webos is much more than the iPhoneOS and all that Apple's marketing stuff.
    So, if HP will make the advenced webOS Slate, I'll buy it. I'm sure for that.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol you guys are quite biased.

User interface wise, it's prob. the best. As for OS, you'd be surprised what Android and Iphone can do with their apps.. WebOs has a taste of everything, but not all of it.

Watch phil's video on androidcentral introducing droid incredible and the apps it comes with... pretty cool stuff.
    It's good to look at things objectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    lol you guys are quite biased.

User interface wise, it's prob. the best. As for OS, you'd be surprised what Android and Iphone can do with their apps.. WebOs has a taste of everything, but not all of it.

Watch phil's video on androidcentral introducing droid incredible and the apps it comes with... pretty cool stuff.
    It's good to look at things objectively.
    Why? The Incredible has some great features, but simply put the OS is not for me. If apps were all that biased webOS users were interested in we'd have all jumped ship months ago and bought iPhones.

Everything has it's + and -, but thankfully Palm is moving in the right direction for me. Sorli...
    I got the Pre Plus for economic reasons and it included the Verizon hotspot for free. I have no regrets.