1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here's an updated version of my Mock Up.
    Added a touchstone Keypad.

Brent
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Very nice. I am not too sure how functional that keypad is located right there, but I like the concept and you id an excellent job "artistically"!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Very nice. I'll like it half as thick. I agree with rlee2001 about the keypad pad functionality. Overall great render of a webOS Tablet.
  4.    #4  
    I was thinking the keypad could be bluetooth and you could lay the tablet on a table etc. and sit back and use the keypad on your lap or wahatever. I will thin it up a bit.

B
    Interesting concept...nice design and different use of space. I can see the Keyboard on the Dock being very useful and the position is great if if it was being used from bed or otherwise.

I would love to see Palm give the option casing wise to mount the unit in any direction for portrait and landscape viewing when in the dock, and use some Bluetooth/WIFI interface for keyboard, docking, interfacing with computer or entertainment center.

Hopefully they are thinking out of the box with their Tablet Pre. Sorli...
  6.    #6  
    Cool.

I have attached 2 more to show a thinner version... Esthetically looks less heavy on the dock... and one render layed flat to see the keypad independent of the tablet.

Cheers,

Brent
    Oh I like it...when are you taking orders?

Maybe HP is hiring concept artists. Either way, Great Job!

BTW, what are you mocking and rendering in?

Sorli...
  8.    #8  
    Ha ha thanks.
    Now thats a job I would love!

I use Lightwave 3D and MAX.
    Mostly lightwave though as the renderer is snappy and modeling is very intuitive.

Is there a way for people to view these without having to log in?

Brent
    Looks cool. Not sure the keyboard would be very functional though. Maybe a bluetooth keyboard and a kickstand for the device itself...
  10.    #10  
    Maybe if the keyboard were tiltable? ... to adjust the angle of view for the tablet.
    I laid the keys out similar to the Pre which may work as a texting keyboard via your two thumbs....on either side. Note I have not put all the characher mapping on there yet.

B
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    or if it had a hinge so its foldable... and stick it in a pocket of the WebSlate's carrier, to go with the mifi or pre2
  12.    #12  
    Even better. Cool. Definately would make it portable.

Here's one more for the work day.
    I just add this movie ... only due to popularity. Not preference.
    And to give a view of it working in landscape.

Cheers,

B
    It does look nice, but I wonder if it would be more functional if the KB were flat on the table surface, to allow touchtyping rather than with thumbs?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
    Ha ha thanks.

Mostly lightwave though as the renderer is snappy and modeling is very intuitive.

Brent
    Cool...someone else who uses LW3D. I'm an old user myself back when Lightwave was on Amiga and Dec Alpha. Moved on to the Intel version a while ago, but need to upgrade and move things over to my Mac, where I now do most of my work development wise.

Not sure how to reference images for those that don't have an account, but then I guess you post links that they can click on and view external.

Love the Landscape perspective and Avatar preview scene and to be honest...if you have the time I'd suggest render some 3D animated sequences to show off the visualization and interfacing virtually (360 degree pan around your mock-up with card movement, video presentation, etc).

This would get my attention and certainly Palm's and HP's...everything begins with a concept. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
    Ha ha thanks.

Brent
    Firstly excellent work I would hire you in a second looks real nice.

You could stick the images somewhere like Flickr or a similar image hosting site.
  16.    #16  
    THANKS!

I will set up an animation.... and maybe set up a Flickr account.
    Concentrate on a good presentation. Add some more details... USB etc.
    I may have to take it home with me though.... as work is crazy today.
    I'm doing this stuff behind the curtian if you know what I mean.

I've been using Lightwave since version 4 I think... it's been so long. Love it though.
    Looking forward to CORE if you're following lightwave....Sorli

B
    How about the bluetooth virtual keyboard (built in). The tablet can rest on a kickstand that you pull out from the back of the device as the keyboard is displayed onto a flat surface from the front.
    i think your hands will get tired holding up that thing while typing.
    cool stuff! Sign me up
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?