Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    A DAW would rock for sure. I record at home using Ableton live and a touch based tablet interface would kill with midi synth and all.
    I left my 3D files at work and now I can slap myself.
    I want to build these ideas. Ha!

B
    Quote Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
    Some excellent ideas! Thanks.

GMoney, can you do a quick 3D mock up of your idea? Maybe incorporate the 2 ideas into one. What software do you use?

B
    3D Studio Max. I can mock up a keyboard in the next few days and send you the file. I assume you've built it to scale?
    Last edited by GMoney749; 05/04/2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Cool Concept, although these apps are made for the phone it would be also interesting to think about how the apps will be when they are fullscreen.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I'll throw in these mock ups as well, none are my work, just collected them from other places.

Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    HTC Shift design should be good

Tablet size , Full QWERTY, Touchscreen, Dual Boot
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I want that C40!
    The dock would be a Touchstone charger, but I don't agree with it being part of the Bluetooth keyboard. I want to be able to take the bluetooth keyboard with me, without the touchstone.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    That C40 would be awesome! I want it too
    quick suggestion. Get rid of the background image. I have always disliked the fact that Palm uses really busy background images behind the card view in their packaging and ads.

Take a look at how the iPad looks in Apple material.

The sunset wallpaper is very muted, and the dark tones serve to off-set the icons sitting above the wallpaper.

I use my phone with a solid black wallpaper. Same for my PC. That's because I am always showing them to other people and the point is what I'm showing, not the confusing busy background that would clash.

I promise that if you show the Palm photo to anyone on the street, they will have no idea what the pictured device is, or the purpose of the busy wallpaper.

Sure, the picture shows off what a great screen the Pre has, but that doesn't translate to 2 dimensional photos. It does nothing to show the user what the device can do for them.

And, since we are dreaming, how about showing overlapping cards or cards that are arranged in something more than a line across the center. That makes sense on a tiny phone, but if the Slate has more screen real estate, it would make sense that the WebOS UI would allow for some sort of docking, sizing, etc.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    If I could have my dream world the doc be a smaller horizontal frame slight smaller than the width of the pad, and function as a digital picture frame with a small like 4x6 screen or something, that when you put the pad on it to charge/not in use, the images would be passed through to the pad screen and become a larger picture frame (or the pad just become a picture frame with pictures in a folder on the device). Then you don't just have this weird bar thingy sitting on a desk or end table, but have a functional item as well.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    2 words...Touchstone..OK maybe just 1
    That is an awesome mockup! I would easily buy this.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Not to complain but why does the black border form the pre seem to increase in scale with tablet designs? I'd much rather not have more than the 1/4 inch border we have now between th edge of screen and edge of device.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevand View Post
    2 words...Touchstone..OK maybe just 1
    touchrock, touchrock, touchplatter, etc... it will be bigger.
    Most of my objections to the Apple tablet would also apply to a WebOS tablet; in sum, if I'm going to carry a device that size, it had better have full desktop app/OS capabilities. As an aside, though, the Apple device is saddled with a POS operating system and the horrendous Apple app development ecosystem.

I say this to point out that the awesome renders in this thread have almost changed my mind. I'd still want full desktop OS/apps, but these are just beautiful devices. With the vastly superior WebOS formal and informal dev environments, these become very tempting devices. That C40 would just top it all off. Right now I'd be very happy with my Pre plus a viliv S10 Blade, but I get the feeling that seeing one of these WebOS tablets in the silicon and metal flesh would start to eat away at my resistance...
    Last edited by froggersloth; 05/04/2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Not to complain but why does the black border form the pre seem to increase in scale with tablet designs? I'd much rather not have more than the 1/4 inch border we have now between th edge of screen and edge of device.
    I largely agree, but I think I'd want one edge (probably a portrait edge) to be about 3/4 inch, as a place to hold the device. Make the others very thin, preferably with nice aluminum or magnesium border construction. Oh, and I want a built-in Taser for zapping Apple *******... "There's an app for that... punk!"
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Oh so drool worthy! Add office doc editing, vpn and an rdp client and I'll take 5 today thank you very much. One more thing, audio/video output (hdmi perhaps) pleeeaase!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    You can could me in for this WebOS Tablet!!! I would totally buy!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

And, since we are dreaming, how about showing overlapping cards or cards that are arranged in something more than a line across the center. That makes sense on a tiny phone, but if the Slate has more screen real estate, it would make sense that the WebOS UI would allow for some sort of docking, sizing, etc.

Thoughts?

+1
    How about a landscape video running in one card, portrait email and doc editor in another, weather radar in the last.
    I want that mock-up C40 NOW. Even if the design looks a little wonky I'd die for those internals and that huge screen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast