Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey users of Pre Central,

I signed up a few weeks ago to look at and download some demo software from the frontpage to use with my... emulator.

You see, I'm a freshman computer science major, and up until now, I've always used a Windows Mobile smartphone. A few weeks ago in my local Verizon store, I fell in love with the Palm Pre Plus. At around the same time, the Ares Final came out so I registered a Palm Dev account and began using Ares and the SDK... and that's when I fell even more in love with developing for WebOS.

I love developing for WebOS so much, in fact, that it gave me an idea as to what to use to enter a contest on my favorite smartphone blog... PocketNow.com. I entered by coding the site a simple WebOS app. This contest that they are hosting features a grand prize for the top three finishers of any phone the winner desires from WireFly.com. I see this as my lucky break: I could win a Palm Pre Plus!

With the acquisition of Palm by HP, I am really looking forward to the goings-on with the Palm Community that I'd love to be a part of.

I know this seems bad... I come on here, this being my first post, and ask for your help... but I really want to learn more about developing for WebOS and it would mean so much to me if you guys could help me out.

So I ask, can you help me by voting for #9: "9. The WebOS pocketnow app, by Ignition Unlimited" in the poll linked below? If I get third or better, I can finally start developing for WebOS!

http://www.pocketnow.com/thought/fin...red-by-wirefly

Thank you so much!

Humbly,
    Nick
    IGNTNUNLMTD
    You're right it does seem bad - but I voted anyway Since yours is the only entry on the list that is fighting for WebOS you definitely get a thumbs up from me.

Good luck with the WebOS development - the more WebOS devs we have the better
    I am not the most teckie, but can you make your link live....easier for folks to click vs typing the long link....thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hey users of Pre Central,

I signed up a few weeks ago to look at and download some demo software from the frontpage to use with my... emulator.

You see, I'm a freshman computer science major, and up until now, I've always used a Windows Mobile smartphone. A few weeks ago in my local Verizon store, I fell in love with the Palm Pre Plus. At around the same time, the Ares Final came out so I registered a Palm Dev account and began using Ares and the SDK... and that's when I fell even more in love with developing for WebOS.

I love developing for WebOS so much, in fact, that it gave me an idea as to what to use to enter a contest on my favorite smartphone blog... PocketNow.com. I entered by coding the site a simple WebOS app. This contest that they are hosting features a grand prize for the top three finishers of any phone the winner desires from WireFly.com. I see this as my lucky break: I could win a Palm Pre Plus!

With the acquisition of Palm by HP, I am really looking forward to the goings-on with the Palm Community that I'd love to be a part of.

I know this seems bad... I come on here, this being my first post, and ask for your help... but I really want to learn more about developing for WebOS and it would mean so much to me if you guys could help me out.

So I ask, can you help me by voting for #9: "9. The WebOS pocketnow app, by Ignition Unlimited" in the poll linked below? If I get third or better, I can finally start developing for WebOS!

http://www.pocketnow.com/thought/fin...red-by-wirefly

Thank you so much!

Humbly,
    Nick
    IGNTNUNLMTD
    Hey,dude your in second spot right now..you have come to the right forum,since you the only one for webos you'll be getting a lot of vote from us.

Everyone lets vote for number 9nick. Thanks!
  5.    #6  
    Thank you SO much, guys... this means a lot to me. I've always wanted to be a developer and there's no platform that's better for developers than WebOS.

Again, thank you SO much!
    I voted for yours..good luck.

Any chance to you do me a favor and also "vote" for my palmspot ad? All you need to do is watch the video at the following links:

palmSpot Entry: “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More” by Adam Marks | webOSroundup
    OR

Thanks and Good Luck
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Welcome!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Thanks for the link sqyarc. Looks like you just got into first place igntnunlmtd. Anyway hope my vote helps.
    just voted and I'm sure your first app will be free for that?
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    just voted and I'm sure your first app will be free for that?
    Of course, and I plan to enhance it by adding in-app article and review reading as well as possible inline commenting as I gain more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I voted for yours..good luck.

Any chance to you do me a favor and also "vote" for my palmspot ad? All you need to do is watch the video at the following links:

Thanks and Good Luck
    Adam
    Watched on my laptop and on my phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Watched on my laptop and on my phone!
    Thanks!!! and good luck!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Done.
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Voted.
    You're still #2 with 73 votes. #1 has 76.
    Good luck...
    I voted for the WebOS entry.
  15.    #16  
    Wow, I'm tied for first! Thanks so much, guys! This poll closes Friday at 4 PM EST, I hope I can hold out until then!
    Voted, to put you in the lead
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    just voted (from my pre) #1 now.
    voted, you are in first now good luck!!
    Just voted from my hp computer, you are ahead.....now I ll see if I can cast a vote from my Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast