Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I voted for ya, if you win you will find that this community has a history of overtaking online polls. Check out the recent laptop mag march madness poll. We completely dominated that thing.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I voted for ya, if you win you will find that this community has a history of overtaking online polls. Check out the recent laptop mag march madness poll. We completely dominated that thing.
    Yeah, I was wondering how that got so dominated. I love how the iPhone got owned in the first or second round. I voted totally Palm Pre Plus in the final!
    I just voted and you are in the lead so far by about 4%. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering how that got so dominated. I love how the iPhone got owned in the first or second round. I voted totally Palm Pre Plus in the final!
    I am by no means anti apple. ii think it's a good phone, but I think the reason it droped out so quick was that the tech world is not as easily satisfied. the iphone user base is made up of alot of people who have it just cause it's cool, similar to the way blacknerrys have started becoming. these people have no interest in tech sites. the people who do reveiw I believe, have a much more all around knowedge of each os, or atleast the ones they've used. iphone was a great innovator, but webos has the simplest and most innovative UI of them all. there is sometimes a bit more flash on the iphone. palm could deffinitly learn a thing or two from them about selecting text and other objects and copying, and make the apps more visualy apealing, but for the most part, it just has the most potential.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I am by no means anti apple. ii think it's a good phone, but I think the reason it droped out so quick was that the tech world is not as easily satisfied. the iphone user base is made up of alot of people who have it just cause it's cool, similar to the way blacknerrys have started becoming. these people have no interest in tech sites. the people who do reveiw I believe, have a much more all around knowedge of each os, or atleast the ones they've used. iphone was a great innovator, but webos has the simplest and most innovative UI of them all. there is sometimes a bit more flash on the iphone. palm could deffinitly learn a thing or two from them about selecting text and other objects and copying, and make the apps more visualy apealing, but for the most part, it just has the most potential.
    Exactly what I think of the iPhone. It's good, but I don't like it because it's too restrictive on the user customizability end of things. It's a novelty, more of an app phone than a smartphone.
  6.    #26  
    Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for the help so far and to say that, on this morning of the second full day of voting, I'm in 4th place by only 5 votes. There are 80 hours left until 4 PM EST on Friday... It's gonna be a close one!

Thank you so much for all your support.
    I voted for ya!! Good luck!

C'mon P|C we can do it, let's get a win!!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  8.    #28  
    Wow, this is going to be SO close... with only about 54 hours remaining until the end... it's going to come down to the last few hours... amazing. I'm currently in 3rd with 217... I hope I stay in third or better until the close!
    Evryone get voting, show the spirit.
    Second place by a slim margin. Hopefully folks will keep showing up for you!
    Done for both of you guys.
    Need to find more computers to vote on
    Voted, good luck!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    voted yesterday, hope it works out for you.
    Voted for you, you are currently in 3rd goodluck!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  16.    #36  
    It seems as if the voting ends at 4PM EST on THURSDAY, not Friday, so any support for a final push would be so awesome. You guys have been great, I'm so appreciative, and I hope that if I do actually win a Pre Plus I can give back to this community in some way, shape, or form!
    You got my vote and love the app... Hope you win and keep developing for webOS. Sorli...
    I voted. Looks like you're in 3rd. Great app btw.
    voted for ya bro good luck come on guys lets get him 1st place
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hey users of Pre Central,

I signed up a few weeks ago to look at and download some demo software from the frontpage to use with my... emulator.

You see, I'm a freshman computer science major, and up until now, I've always used a Windows Mobile smartphone. A few weeks ago in my local Verizon store, I fell in love with the Palm Pre Plus. At around the same time, the Ares Final came out so I registered a Palm Dev account and began using Ares and the SDK... and that's when I fell even more in love with developing for WebOS.

I love developing for WebOS so much, in fact, that it gave me an idea as to what to use to enter a contest on my favorite smartphone blog... PocketNow.com. I entered by coding the site a simple WebOS app. This contest that they are hosting features a grand prize for the top three finishers of any phone the winner desires from WireFly.com. I see this as my lucky break: I could win a Palm Pre Plus!

With the acquisition of Palm by HP, I am really looking forward to the goings-on with the Palm Community that I'd love to be a part of.

I know this seems bad... I come on here, this being my first post, and ask for your help... but I really want to learn more about developing for WebOS and it would mean so much to me if you guys could help me out.

So I ask, can you help me by voting for #9: "9. The WebOS pocketnow app, by Ignition Unlimited" in the poll linked below? If I get third or better, I can finally start developing for WebOS!

[url]

Thank you so much!

Humbly,
    Nick
    IGNTNUNLMTD
    Voted for you again at home. Hopefully in this forum more people will see your post and help you out!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast