View Poll Results: Do you want a stylus?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, make it needed like windows mobile 6

0 0%
  • Yes, but for optional use only (not needed to navigate, but apps like photoshop could use it)

19 45.24%
  • Maybe/ it could include it, but i'd never use it.

4 9.52%
  • HELL NO! keep that stylus away!

19 45.24%
  1.    #1  
    Well it's no secret that web-os will be put onto tablets. Now my question is, who wants a stylus? Personally i want one for in app use, but not for ui. Most apps should remain stylus free, but for stuff like a paint app, or hand writing recognition (i'd use one for math).

Early next year we are getting dual core mobile chips capable of operating 1.5+ghz processors(that's for cellphones). Soon tablets are going to be powerful enough to run stuff like photoshop, indesign,and 3d animation softwares. It might not be cs5, or cs6, but if it sells enough adobe would port their software. Heck they might port a version of photoshop to encourage people to get the web-os tablet which supports flash over the ipad.

So the question is, do you want a stylus?
  2.    #2  
    wow, 62% don't want a stylus..

Can i ask why? If it's completely optional to use, why wouldn't you want it?
    I personally would hate it for the ui, but for handwriting recognition, and photoshop i'd be amazing.

edit: numbers down to 47%.

edit2: down to 37%. The majority seems to want this.
    Last edited by nimer55; 05/02/2010 at 12:50 AM.
    Interesting...62% wow that figure sounds significant, but if I have the option I want one for the reasons you mentioned and others.

Speaking of stylus, can present Pre and webOS systems and hardware support stylus input?

I want one for more accurate input, handwriting, sketching, and the list goes on.

Sorli...
    where is this Tablet?? IPad??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    where is this Tablet?? IPad??
    well it won't be coming out anytime soon, but hp has said multiple times they want to expand web-os on tablets, netbooks, and other electronic devices.
    that could be real cool..THX
    The optional stylus was one of the things that excited me about the now vaporware Microsoft Courier. I want to write and draw on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    well it won't be coming out anytime soon, but hp has said multiple times they want to expand web-os on tablets, netbooks, and other electronic devices.
    +1, their will be a small tear in my eye when that happens. since i have a launch day pre, it would amaze me to see how much webos has grown
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    No Stylus please. I want a very thin device, built like a tank, but as sexy and elegant as an Aston Martin.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    The optional stylus was one of the things that excited me about the now vaporware Microsoft Courier. I want to write and draw on this thing.
    same.

Flash, along with my so called "real multitasking idea", stylus/photoshop would make me get this day one. 2/3 should be enough (depending on price, and other facts). 1/3 i'll wait for the second generation.
    I used to be a believer, but since the diameter of any stylus would have to be about 8mm on the capacitive screen , I'm happy to use a finger.