1.    #1  
    Should a HP tablet have a small physical Keyboard like the Pixi?
    I am thinking maybe it should. Each side could have half of the keyboard.
    Like this...

There was another post about potential options, but I personally prefer the detachable keyboard method of my HP TC1100.
    I could see something like that, with a closer to full size set of keys split like that. But I think it'd have to take up little room because it greatly eats up space for the screen, and honestly, if I had a slate I'm not going to do very much typing, I'd be just as happy with a stylus or virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    Should a HP tablet have a small physical Keyboard like the Pixi?
    I am thinking maybe it should. Each side could have half of the keyboard.
    Like this...

I like it. Type with thumbs, gesture area in the middle. Support for bluetooth keyboards for times when you need a real typing experience.
    I'm inclined to say no hardware keyboard or gesture area. Better to make both soft and driven by the accelerometer. If done correctly, this would allow developers to create context-specific touch input "devices" for game and media control. BT keyboard in portrait or landscape mode would be used for dedicated document editting.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I still love my FITALY keyboard I used on my Kyocera 7035, which may make sense as a virtual keyboard when using a tablet like a clipboard - held on the forearm, typing/writing with the other.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Something similar to the Samsung's Q1 Ultra, with the keys at the top/sides might be cool:
    slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/samsung-q1-ultra-umpc.jpg

or virtual
    uncrate.com/men/images/samsung-q1-2.jpg
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Your design, while practical for thumb typing, would put a lot of stress on the hands and wrist while holding it. Take a text book (about quarter inch thick hardcover and 6" to 10" diagonal) and hold it like you were typing on it with the configuration in your design. Most of the weight is in front of your hands, this is ok for very small devices like the pixi and pre but once you go past a certain length, it's like picking up a 2x4 from only one end. If you shift the keyboard more towards the center, easier to do with a virtual keyboard, then the weight is balanced in the hands and you wouldn't be like the iPad with its required to type one handed or set it down type keyboard.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3