1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I got the Pre+ from Verizon 29 days ago. I love it, and have installed some tweaks/patches, apps, games, etc…but no themes.

Ever since getting it, I’ve noticed I get a lot of double letters when using keypad, esp the “L” …a little annoyance, but do’able.

Figured it was just side affect of using new small keypad vs large candy bar phone I had prior.

Well, last night we got the Pre+ for my wife to take advantage of the buy 1 get 1 free deal ( I had 30 days from my purchase to take advantage). Well the weeks leading up to last night, my wife had used my Pre+ to see if she liked it. As soon as she got hers, while she was setting up the accounts on the phone, she immediately stated how easier it was to type on hers vs mine. So of course I tried her phone and it was like night and day…I was able to type much faster, less typos, and far less double letters. It became apparent that my keypad was defective, albeit just a little.

Here he where my newbie status comes in: I HAVE to return the phone by tomarrow to be within 30days to get a new one, otherwise I get a refurb. What steps if any should I take on the phone to make the transition the easiest? I know my contacts, calendar and such are on the “cloud”, but what about my paid for apps? Can I get them again at no cost? What about pics stored on phone?...do I need to usb them off the phone if I want them?

I have WebOS Quick Install on my MAC and Preware on phone.

Ironically, last night, overnight my phone was AUTOMATICLY updated to newest firmware and wiped out some ovbvios tweaks I had (Verizon banner delete and battery %). As I said I have no themes or kernel overclocks.

Do I need to “WebOS Doctor”??

Is there any functionality in WebOS Quick Install that would allow me to clone my phone settings and apps and then apply to new phone?

Sorry, for the random flow of questions, but I’m throwing them out there as I think of them.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the design of synergy and WebOS allows for easy transition into new phone, but I want to be sure I’m not missing anything or not taking advantage of a WebOS Quick Install function that will make the transition seamless.

Thank you for your time!!
    It isn't that bad. I had to exchange my Pre because of a bad GPU. (unfortunately went thru Best Buy when I got it and had to wait 2 weeks for them to realize they had a "replace with a new unit, don't repair" policy for the Pre!!)

The hardest part is the reinstallation of all of your patches, but it seems you will have to regardless.

Also note that many users are noticing far less double types with their Pre+ after 1.4.1.1 hit Verizon. I would recommend testing it for an hour just typing on it constantly and if the double type problem is still there, return it for a new unit and make sure it is a new unit manufactured in the past couple weeks.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Did the 1.4.1.1 OS update fix this for you? If not, you need to get it swapped out right away. You should call support and get the process started right away.

All your paid apps will automatically be added back to your new phone. Make sure you copy pictures and other stuff.

I always for a complete reset/erase before sending a phone back so they wont try to blame 3rd party apps for the problem I'm having.
  4.    #4  
    Interestingly ....the typing "issue" seems much much less of an issue now. I'm leaving work now and will play with my wife's Pre+ tonight before tomarow's deadline....i wish i knew what OS version she got out of the box the other day...if i look at it now, theres no way of knowing if she got the new version after or was already programed with 1.4.1.1

Thanks for the feedback ...if 1.4.1.1 was addressing the typing (among other things) then I might be off the hook of rushing an exchange....

I'll do a comparison test tonight...thanks guys!
    1.4.1 completely fixes the problem. If you plan to overclock, do not use the superprekernel as it will essentially revert back to 1.4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    1.4.1 completely fixes the problem. If you plan to overclock, do not use the superprekernel as it will essentially revert back to 1.4.0
    Many users have reported that it does not COMPLETELY fix the problem, but makes it happen much less frequently.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup