Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    There's a patch for creating "Roam only in device menu. There's a patch for "roam only in preference". My understanding is neither one of these patches actually will make your phone roam. Am I correct that you need to install some other patch that actually makes your phone roam and then you can add either one of these patches to turn the roam function on and off? If there is a patch for the roam feature should another carrier show up in the top bar or just the R?
    Forcing roam is great feature in Northern Wisconsin seeing there are more trees then cell towers. Thanks
    They'll both work individually. It's best to always install the preferences one too, though, or preferences won't jive with what's really going on. I use roam only every night at home because I live in an area where I get crappy sprint reception, and data keeps jumping between towers due to the mucked up way the phone prefers what tower it talks to.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quick follow up. If I set my Pre to roam, should I be getting the exact same coverage as somone on another network sitting next to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    Quick follow up. If I set my Pre to roam, should I be getting the exact same coverage as somone on another network sitting next to me?
    That is the theory. A carrier-native device may get better performance due to the fact that it's fine tuned via their PRL. You are just a guest on the network with less prority....and, if you are a Sprint device roaming on Verizon, you will not get 3G data (in almost all cases) without some hackery.