Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what I've noticed today during a small seminar (about 10 people had a Pre) that a group of guys with Pre's were complaining about how it's a good platform (multitasking) but they hate it. I was the only one who loved it(same Pre since launch). Ok...what I noticed is that these guys didn't know how to use it. Everything they complained about I showed them how to get it or use it. Eight of them didn't know it had video!!!! Five complained about the quick launch keys and said it was stupid for Palm to chose those. I said you can change them...all there mouths dropped when I showed the how to do it. These are just a few silly things I showed them that made them dislike or want to take back. So during breaks I gave them my tour of the Pre and also headed them to PreCentral!! So in the end I got there info for some more schooling and out of the ten guys....1 actually had a bad Pre (Verizon)...it kept rebooting. So all in all ....Palm I'm doing my service to you ...now where's my WebOS TABLET!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    what I've noticed today during a small seminar (about 10 people had a Pre) that a group of guys with Pre's were complaining about how it's a good platform (multitasking) but they hate it. I was the only one who loved it(same Pre since launch). Ok...what I noticed is that these guys didn't know how to use it. Everything they complained about I showed them how to get it or use it. Eight of them didn't know it had video!!!! Five complained about the quick launch keys and said it was stupid for Palm to chose those. I said you can change them...all there mouths dropped when I showed the how to do it. These are just a few silly things I showed them that made them dislike or want to take back. So during breaks I gave them my tour of the Pre and also headed them to PreCentral!! So in the end I got there info for some more schooling and out of the ten guys....1 actually had a bad Pre (Verizon)...it kept rebooting. So all in all ....Palm I'm doing my service to you ...now where's my WebOS TABLET!!
    That's the problem when your phone doesn't ship with a manual... palm needs a simple way for users who don't go on google to solve all their problems to be able to troubleshoot. My dad would read a manual if he needed to, but wouldn't go on the internet looking for a solution..
    Inside the pre and pixis boxes should be a big bright piece of paper with 'please refer to precentral.net, webOSroundup etc to understand and fall in love with this phone.'
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Good one Wayne!
    They really should just include two sheets of paper inside the package.

1. Warranty Info.

2. PreCentral.net

That's really all the second piece of paper should say. It's completely self explanatory at that point.
    Precentral.net should come in the default bookmarks
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    That's the problem when your phone doesn't ship with a manual... palm needs a simple way for users who don't go on google to solve all their problems to be able to troubleshoot. My dad would read a manual if he needed to, but wouldn't go on the internet looking for a solution..
    In these days most advanced devices come with built in manuals, instructional videos etc. If people took the time to inquire about things they don't know, like using Universal search for example, they'd be better off with a Dumbphone.

I agree with the OP. I have a friend who has a launch day Pre, who complained to me only a Month ago about his reception. I showed him how to switch to automatic from Sprint only and now he's happy.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Maybe Palm should make sure that prospective buyers should be able to chew gum and walk at the same time. I mean if they can't figure out how to use the internet and access the online manual, there's not much hope for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Precentral.net should come in the default bookmarks
    m.precentral.net

The mobile site sucks compared to the full site even with the faster load time
    really?
    m.precentral.net and m.forums.precentral.net ??

I love them!
    i use the full sites.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    the "Help app" should be on the launch bar for stock pre
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    isn't there a help app? It's even been updated with videos it seems. Maybe they need it more obvious it's there.
    For me Hate is too strong a word... Very dissapointed is closer to the way i feel and ill tell you why.. perhaps Ive missed things that obviously palm should have built into my palm pre.. LIke..... Spell check.... how can i get my wonderful palm pre to check spelling in my emails and text that i send.. how can i get it to give me word suggetions like a blackberry does, like a droid does and well.. like a PAlm used to....Also whats with my palm saying "too many windows open" when there is only one open. that happens at least once a day... Ive already had to the sprint store once to unstick the keyboard - its bad enough an elvs fingers would press 3 keys at once but having them stick so i get 3 of one letter or no spaces is even more irritating. Also half of the videos i get via emal dont play... and half of the PDF's i get say error cant read.... What i will say is that I do get less aggravated with each new OS version... added video, added blinking notification...fixed bugs... why the heck no spell check.. it sounds like an easy one.. Id even pay 10 bucks for a app.... so listen i dont hate it but I am irriated enough that I may trade off to something else when my 1 year allows me... but hell i bought zagg skins, a holster clip an extended battery, a car charger and 2 count em two touch stones.. man oh man... did i invest or what...
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    there's a patch for many more autocorrected words.

too many cards depends on what app isn't closing properly. One of the daily reboot apps should help along with jstop to find the offending app.
    When I bought my Pre, the salesmen told me before I left the store to go to precentral.net, he even write it on my box! It helped that he had a Pre and let me know when I went in there to buy it, that I was making the best decision in the market.

And he was right.

I love you guys!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    The problem is those people are ********.
    Install Preset Reset and set it to run daily while you are sleeping. Install JSTop to kill off garbage processes. Overclock your Pre. Those three steps will stop the "Too Many Cards" error. I've only had it a couple of times since I overclocked (how long has 800mHz been out? A month or more). If all else fails restart Luna with the Luna Mgr. It sounds like a lot but it is easy.
    There is a patch for 3,000 more auto correct words. (Google's most common words).

I have to agree about PDF, never works for me. Video's not playing also. I haven't looked for solutions though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    If it hasn't been stated already, the manual is on the phone itself!

Go to 'Help', the whole manual is there!

They don't cut down trees anymore for this stuff, nobody does!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast