Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Removed my Theme, Patches should be o.k. with AUPT, and updated. Now running Preware and it is taking a lot of time... "Loading Package Information Status" had been going forever it seems. Could it be that everybody else is running it too??

ADDENDUM: Got it, all seems well so-far... G'nite/G'morning!!
    I usually wait a day before running Preware after an OTA update, to much traffic.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    So after I install 1.4.1 and want to update the patches, I have to go into each patch individually and update? Lots of patches, going to take some time.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by simbany1 View Post
    So after I install 1.4.1 and want to update the patches, I have to go into each patch individually and update? Lots of patches, going to take some time.
    That's the best way to do it. You don't have to restart Luna after each one however, you can do that after you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by simbany1 View Post
    Mostly by dumb luck (a/k/a ignorance), I just selected "Update All" in the Preware Updated Packages screen. Took a while, but everything that could be updated was updated. #WIN!
    "Honest to the point of recklessness; self-centered in the extreme."
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I had an issue with the NO AUTO-OFF WHILE CHARGING patch not able to update or remove after Verizon upgrade to 1.4.1.1. I had to run EPR and re-install all patches. I would recommend uninstalling this patch prior to the 1.4.1.1 update if it's not too late. There are some other patches that folks had issues with during the Sprint update, too. Might want to search for those in the 1.4.1.1 Patch Update thread.
    I did the update as soon as it came out last night (right after midnight Eastern time), then when none of my patches appeared, I went to Prewre, then did the update all in my installed patches, but that process stopped before finishing. Then since they looked like they were installed but not working, I decided to try to remove them and reinstall them. Now every time it shows an error message. What do I do? I can't get any patches to install, even ones I didn't have on before.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypreplus View Post
    I did the update as soon as it came out last night (right after midnight Eastern time), then when none of my patches appeared, I went to Prewre, then did the update all in my installed patches, but that process stopped before finishing. Then since they looked like they were installed but not working, I decided to try to remove them and reinstall them. Now every time it shows an error message. What do I do? I can't get any patches to install, even ones I didn't have on before.
    That's why it's preferable to update patches one by one IMO. You probably need to run EPR and reinstall them from scratch. If that doesn't work I would suggest going to this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html and detail the error messages you are getting.
    Last edited by vza33; 04/29/2010 at 03:23 PM.

Remove SMS tone per contact patch before updating. Seems it won't remove after.
    Yup i am also having issues with naming launcher pages not removing or installing. Battery temp is also being problematic. I am going to mess with this when i get home , as long as the wife doesn't get to annoyed that i am on the comp. One plus to the update is i don't triple type letters anymore. that's a plus
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    Yup i am also having issues with naming launcher pages not removing or installing. Battery temp is also being problematic. I am going to mess with this when i get home , as long as the wife doesn't get to annoyed that i am on the comp. One plus to the update is i don't triple type letters anymore. that's a plus
    For the Named Pages patch, Remove all Launcher related patches you currently have, and then it will update. You may also need to reinstall and remove previously installed Launcher patches, if you had any.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I updated the OS before removing anything. Had problems for a while getting everything back working but the suggestion to install patches one by one worked for me. If you keep working at it after a few tries you should be able to get the phone close to where it was before - even themes and the palm catalog feed. Still have one problem/error if anyone can help - can't remove or update the SMS tone per contact patch.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bschold View Post
    I updated the OS before removing anything. Had problems for a while getting everything back working but the suggestion to install patches one by one worked for me. If you keep working at it after a few tries you should be able to get the phone close to where it was before - even themes and the palm catalog feed. Still have one problem/error if anyone can help - can't remove or update the SMS tone per contact patch.
    That's a problem patch, you'll have to remove it with webOS Quick Install or webOS Repair Utility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12