Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I DVR'd 24 the tv show this evening and 24 minutes into the show (kind of ironic I guess) Chloe calls Cole to tell him about Jack Bauer. Cole is talking to her on a completely unidentified Palm phone. It was black and shiny, clearly not the Palm Pre which has been featured heavily in this seasons shows, and it was way to big to be a Palm Pixi.

How I know for sure that it isn't a Palm Pixi, is it has an adaptor port like the Treo's on the bottom, and what almost looks like a button to the side of that. You know it is a Palm phone too of course, because you can see the chrome Palm lettering.

The absolutely sucky thing of course is this phone is featuring the Sprint network, and I doubt that is going to help Palm much at all.

If this phone is released via Sprint and Verizon at the same time Palm may have a chance.

ANYWAY, Hopefully someone can post a screenshot of this phone in use, but if not watch the episode off Hulu, or youtube or where ever. I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    Ok, so I DVR'd 24 the tv show this evening and 24 minutes into the show (kind of ironic I guess) Chloe calls Cole to tell him about Jack Bauer. Cole is talking to her on a completely unidentified Palm phone. It was black and shiny, clearly not the Palm Pre which has been featured heavily in this seasons shows, and it was way to big to be a Palm Pixi.

How I know for sure that it isn't a Palm Pixi, is it has an adaptor port like the Treo's on the bottom, and what almost looks like a button to the side of that. You know it is a Palm phone too of course, because you can see the chrome Palm lettering.

The absolutely sucky thing of course is this phone is featuring the Sprint network, and I doubt that is going to help Palm much at all.

If this phone is released via Sprint and Verizon at the same time Palm may have a chance.

ANYWAY, Hopefully someone can post a screenshot of this phone in use, but if not watch the episode off Hulu, or youtube or where ever. I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed.

Wow jason's friend outdid himself with the leak. I thought it was going to be a short youtube video, but wow... (for those who don't get the joke, i'm kidding)
    I was thinking...the op is probably imagining it...but 24 happens to be on right now on the west coast. I looked for a palm phone around the 24th minute, and Freddie Prinze, jr. had a Palm branded phone- approximately Iphone sized non-slider. Looked to be made of similar black plastic as the Pre. good catch, op.
    Its an HTC Hero. Plain as day a Android!

Last edited by 2sslow; 04/27/2010 at 01:10 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its an HTC Hero. Plain as day a Android!
    You're right...if you're talking about Chloe's phone. Freddie Prinze's phone is all black and says palm on the back.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    someone post a pic please
    Does anyone have a pic?
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    No pic from me. But it's about at the 25 minute mark of the episode. Could be a Treo Pro, but looks a little too big and wide...but then again, Freddie could just have small hands.
  9.    #9  
    shoot I didn't tink about the Treo Pro. I guessed that Sprint would want to model their latest & greatest in a popular tv show, but that may have been it. The bottom of the phone will give it away though. Is there a Treo Pro user that can verify the bottom of the phone to be a Treo Pro?
    Last edited by imgreenlantern2; 04/27/2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

phone looks pretty awesome actually, bigger + webos = what I've been waiting for
    could that be The C40?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Interesting....
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    maybe all the pre's broke and they sent em back.. And studio boys kept a palm cover and glued it to a nokia...

just kidding about the nokia part....
    [QUOTE=2sslow;2406854][IMG]

that's a treo pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    could that be The C40?
    treo pro
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I do NOT think it is the Treo Pro! The screenshot (& I have a HD vid of it!) doesn't seem to look like this bottom of the Treo Pro, which ALSO had the headset jack at the bottom. The 'new' image apears to be smoother rather than having the little poke out at the bottom...

The phone on the show did NOT look like this image!
    I don't know though, the speaker on the back of the phone seems to look the same...maybe it still is...

Last edited by licotto; 04/27/2010 at 02:50 AM.
    definitely not a treo pro... no stylus. Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I do NOT think it is the Treo Pro! The screenshot (& I have a HD vid of it!) doesn't seem to look like this bottom of the Treo Pro, which ALSO had the headset jack at the bottom. The 'new' image apears to be smoother rather than having the little poke out at the bottom...

The phone on the show did NOT look like this image!
    I don't know though, the speaker on the back of the phone seems to look the same...maybe it still is...

Quote Originally Posted by omr6535 View Post
    definitely not a treo pro... no stylus. Check it out.
    Both the stylus and headset jack are black. It's so blurry you wouldn't see it.

The speaker port is a dead on match, so I'm going to go with Treo pro.

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Looks like the Treo Pro. Would Palm ship a device without the Touchstone back these days? Somehow I doubt it.

Edit: I had posted a picture of the screenshot retouched in Curves. It showed the detail pretty well. Somehow the attachment didn't show up. Newbie here.
    Last edited by tk 421; 04/27/2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: no attachment?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast