1.    #1  
    Didn't they have this stupid thing on the IPhone a few years back. It was dumb then and it's dumb now. Is Palm really gonna let this app through tomorrow? I am the only one that is starting get worried about Palms app choices here. I really don't want them to be like apple. I know they get some sort of cut with this, but this is starting to look way too desperate.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    you're starting to get worried? There's a lot of worthless apps out there already. Not mentioning any names...

no offense to those devs who have provided us to a great app.
    +1
    who ever is charging 1000 for an app is a genius if people are buying it. I think it is pretty funny.
  5.    #5  
    It is funny. It's even worse if someone buys it. Didn't the person who bought the app get national attention, but apple pulled it after a bit? I'm just glad I haven't noticed anymore farting apps, but the 1000 dollar is just dumb.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I actually laughed hard when i saw this
    Good thing you can't accidentally buy this. LOL.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Am I the only person who jumped on this app? I thought it was a steal at $999.99. We definitely need more apps like this in our catalog. Really....what am I going to do with a barcode scanner or something that tells me what song is playing on the radio?
    I bought it twice.
    I'm a little confused. You can't have it both ways (as in an open system or a closed system with an approval process).

First, people bitc*, moan and complain about Apple's antics involving their app store and the approval process; they want a more "open" system. When I was an iPhone owner, I used to be one of these people that complained about the whole approval process and how it was terrible.

Then came along the Pre which I got in August of last year. I didn't have it long enough to really make judgment as I got the HTC Hero that released a couple of months shortly after.

Initially, I loved how open Android's market was, developers could push an update to an application and it be live instantaneously. The longer I had the Hero and Pre the more my appreciation for Apple and the iPhone app store flourished; you quickly realize why they do things the way they do.

Now, Android's market is overrun with various "RSS readers", books, "coupon apps", etc. just like Palm's is with the various books etc. It's a terrible experience, and good applications are mixed in with all of the worthless applications making them difficult to find.

I don't think Palm's and Android's app stores will ever be as lucrative as the iPhone's not because of the popularity but because of how applications are ran as a whole. Example: a lot of applications get terrible reviews in the Android market because they perform terribly — but what a lot of users don't realize is it's generally not the developers fault, it's Android as a whole. Games and other applications often run sluggish because of the other background processes that are on-going.

Most user's are ignorant and don't realize that "true multitasking" degrades the performance of your system thus leading to terrible reviews for the app leading to less downloads/purchases.

Just my $0.02 and take on things. Sorry for the rant, but it's kind of on topic.
    Is this in the app catalog? I wasn't able to find it by searching. I would definitely buy this!
    barkerja,

I agree. Apples great bias app store policy has created the most wonderful apps. (sarcasm)

Palm & Android's pdk/sdk are so extrodianire in their first few releases that that couldn't possibly play a roll in the apps ability to perform. (again)

fragmentation is @ fault for the android app delimma.

you ranting in the wrong direction.

but the app is funny/stupid, or stupid/funny, either way, it's there.

games run sluggish? I bet you can make phone calls pretty fast. My xbox360 is sluggish @ making phone calls.

/nonsense babble
    Is it on the web distribution channel (last time I checked it was)? If so, Palm DIDN'T approve it.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Is this in the app catalog? I wasn't able to find it by searching. I would definitely buy this!
    have you forgotten your name already ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #15  
    I was on the fence with this one. How great would it be to buy this app, then show your friends what you droped a grand on. They would be soo interested in it. I think I may buy it after I pawn my first born, but don't worry guys, I'll receive plenty of fame and once Oprah, Montell, Access Hollywood, and 60mins come rolling in with the interviews, I'll buy him back. I just hope nobody beats me to the punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I was on the fence with this one. How great would it be to buy this app, then show your friends what you droped a grand on. They would be soo interested in it. I think I may buy it after I pawn my first born, but don't worry guys, I'll receive plenty of fame and once Oprah, Montell, Access Hollywood, and 60mins come rolling in with the interviews, I'll buy him back. I just hope nobody beats me to the punch.
    ahahahhah