Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    google needs to update the apps they have on webOS like google maps and youtube.....can i home for a gmail client...
  2.    #2  
    *hope
  3.    #3  
    these apps are a big part of WebOs
    youtube belongs to google?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I think Palm made these apps, just like the facebook app. It says copyright Palm Inc. when you click them. Google doesn't give a **** about Palm..
  6.    #6  
    well then palm needs to update them...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I'd like a Google Earth app on webOS. Should be possible with PDK now.
    Yes, Google owns Youtube. And yes, some code optimazation would be lovely. I hope that the PDK/software update/new api combo will bring us that.
  9.    #9  
    I never understood the difference between google earth and google maps???
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Google Earth is Google Maps with eye candy. 3D etc... Very cool.
  11.    #11  
    that would be cool but i want the other apps updated soon
    i would really like to see an updated youtube app that allowed for commenting and more features
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    youtube belongs to google?
    You're trolling...right?
  14.    #14  
    k
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    you are correct youtube and google maps are both the worst I have ever used on modern day smartphones. The thing is, they are by far the worst, which makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    you are correct youtube and google maps are both the worst I have ever used on modern day smartphones. The thing is, they are by far the worst, which makes me sad.
    Actually the Youtube app works *great* and is a good deal better than the iPhone version as we always play the higher quality streams. Sure you can't "comment" on vids from the app but really....I'm using it for entertainment or to win an argument, not site there reading immature comments all day.

"If you don't forward this reply in 10 seconds, you will be haunted by 'Steve Jobs Nuthuggers' and you will become impotent for life" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Actually the Youtube app works *great* and is a good deal better than the iPhone version as we always play the higher quality streams. Sure you can't "comment" on vids from the app but really....I'm using it for entertainment or to win an argument, not site there reading immature comments all day.l
    I don't care about commenting, but...why won't it sync with my freaking Youtube account?! That's ALL I want. Especially since you can send videos you record to the Pre straight to Youtube! I've got playlists on there that I'd love to able to access easily (as of now, I go through Dr. Podder, which required bit.ly, some Google API wriggling, and it still opens up the Youtube app to play videos). I even remember the iPhone (well, iPod touch) version would sync the favorites you mark on the phone with the ones on your account. The Pre app is barebones crap like how Youtube first was on the iPhoneOS. It is long overdue for an update...or another developer...someone, help us out.
    Yeah Google Maps needs an update bad. It loads way too slow.
    another company that shows no love for us webos users
    and i thought google was different. aren't they always preaching how they do the right thing? i guess we aren't big enough to them to care damn hypocrites!
  20.    #20  
    we need that love lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast