Grrrreat!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I love reading these anonymous annalist quotes. LOL If they only had a clue.

If Lenovo did buy Palm it would be great from them and even better than Palm. Lets hope all these uninformed anonymous annalists don't talk Lenovo out of doing it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Just because Lenovo is the front-runner doesn't mean their going to buy Palm, not to mention a buy-out is a long process, and at any time it could fall-through, I'd wait another couple months before getting my hopes up (although lenovo is my second favorite choice just under Cisco).
    Overall it would be a good move. The only part that saddens me is Palm overall ownership leaving the US. But if it saves Palm, the innovator of Smart Phones and the WebOS software than so be it.
    It would be closer to the hardware manufacturing.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Everything else about Palm has already left the US. All the parts will then be made in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barona4 View Post
    Everything else about Palm has already left the US. All the parts will then be made in China.
    Yeah, but I can still pronounce Rubin...uh...stun.... er... nope
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Yeah, but I can still pronounce Rubin...uh...stun.... er... nope
    Chan is a lot easier. But this is Lenovo's CEO's name LIU Chuanzhi. UGG!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I used an IBM Thinkpad each day. Now I use a Levano Thinkpad each day. They are great and the innovation that was Thinkpad continues. If Palm does get bought out, I'd feel most comfortable with WebOS's survival with Levano.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Just because Lenovo is the front-runner doesn't mean their going to buy Palm, not to mention a buy-out is a long process, and at any time it could fall-through, I'd wait another couple months before getting my hopes up (although lenovo is my second favorite choice just under Cisco).
    I would like Dell or HP better than Lenovo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I used an IBM Thinkpad each day. Now I use a Levano Thinkpad each day. They are great and the innovation that was Thinkpad continues. If Palm does get bought out, I'd feel most comfortable with WebOS's survival with Levano.
    I personally have not had a good experience with Lenovo, my thinkpad was a Z61p, which suffered from bluescreens (until they released a new wifi driver) overheating (they eventually came worked on all of our laptops, but now say regular maintenance is removing 20+ screws to take the video card out and clean it out), and the screen failing twice. It eventually failed on me just over two years after I got it, the overheating video card finally kicked the bucket.

From this I'm not very confident they will release much better hardware than was the Pre currently has, but here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't like HP as anything but a printer manufacturer, I've dealt with two personal HP computers both which the motherboard died after less than a year.

Dell is really a Microsoft company to me, and kind of low-end as well, I was not impressed when I deployed 100+ dell computers the only thing I liked was the warranty, but it felt like you were paying a premium on junk.
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 04/26/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Lenovo's LePhone announced at CES was running a 1gh snapdragon processor and a skinned version of Android.

you can see a youtube video of it in action
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I like HP.

ENvision them teaming with Palm to come up with a webOS tablet.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    What possessed you to use this thread title?
    No one in this article is wondering if Lenovo has bought Palm.

Thread title changed to reflect article content.

- Craig
    I say CISCO > LENOVO and that is just because I like Cisco a little more.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    webos on an 'ipad-like' device from lenovo would be a pretty nice machine i think...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Lenovo have just jumped aboard the android bus - I can't see the upside for them to buy palm.