I posted this on the Palm forums, but since this site keeps popping up in my searches, I figured I'd post here too.

The screen on my pre cracked the other day and now only the very top of the touchscreen works. Under the insurance I have on the phone (through Wireless Zone) I have to wait 30 days before submitting a claim for whatever reason. In the meantime, I am still able to make and answer calls (make calls by typing phone on the keyboard when nothing else is open and just use the keyboard to dial - answer calls by sliding the phone open) and I can even use the wi-fi hotspot feature since the top of the screen still responds to touch. However, the only way I know of to close app without the touchscreen is by restarting the phone (keyboard shortcut: [formerly orange] square-Sym-R). Ex. Once I open the Phone app, I have to restart so I can get to the hotspot app.

So, without a touchscreen, is there any way I can close apps on my phone?

Also, I can launch the Messaging app on my phone by typing it's name when nothing else is open, but is there a way I can send/read messages?