1.    #1  
    I've been wanting to switch from the iPhone to the pre and was wondering if the pre already had support for VPN and an app for rdp/vnc.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I know there is a VPN in the preware feed but it doesn't have a user-interface. I think this is needed and would like to ask if one of the developers would be willing to make a simple interface that allows us to specify the common parameters needed for a vpn.
    The best and easiest solution I have found for this, that works remarkably well, is getting the ClassicApp (PalmOS emulator), and then using EZ-Remote. You dont need anything special on the Windows side (well other than having XP Pro, Media Center, or Win7 pro, that supports rdp)

This is one the the main things I HAD to have before commiting to even buy a pre.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    The best and easiest solution I have found for this, that works remarkably well, is getting the ClassicApp (PalmOS emulator), and then using EZ-Remote. You dont need anything special on the Windows side (well other than having XP Pro, Media Center, or Win7 pro, that supports rdp)

This is one the the main things I HAD to have before commiting to even buy a pre.
    Where can I get the VPN client for classic and if I run this in classic can I use the regular webos mode through this VPN connection although it's in classic?

Edit: just realized this is an rdp client not a VPN client.
    Last edited by hchavarria; 04/25/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    I would pay $50 for a vpn client.

also, what is 'open vpn' in the preware catalog?
    it gives you phone vpn capabilities, but you have to use a terminal to use it. no shiny user interface.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    it gives you phone vpn capabilities, but you have to use a terminal to use it. no shiny user interface.
    yah thats the one; do you have a quickie post on how to set it up? i figure that once it is set up it is pretty much good to go. whenever i am on wifi i will be connected to work.
  8.    #8  
    So I decided to try the pre out and I purchased it yesterday, I have been looking through preware and the only thing I can come up with is openvpn which required an openvpn server. I also tried VPNC but it only works with Cisco concentrators so I was unable to get it up and running. Any other clues on a VPN client or even a VPN client on Classic?