Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you think that someone can make WebOS run on the iPad?
    What would you do with it or make for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyojik View Post
    Do you think that someone can make WebOS run on the iPad?
    What would you do with it or make for it?
    pr0n?
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    they would have to have part of the screen be dedicated as a gesture area... I would love a webOS tablet, but the current iPad is not enough... I want my webOS pad to have 3g, real GPS, front facing camera, and at least 512mb RAM if not 1gig...
    well, with all the 7" android tablets coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if the most popular (cheapest) ones got devs working on a port!!that would be AWESOME!!!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I doubt that anyone would try or want to port WebOS to it.

But, if someone was to make it into a WebOS tablet, I would make a every part of the bezel a guesture area. The bottom part would be active depending on screen orientation and the other sides would be available for developers to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    But, if someone was to make it into a WebOS tablet, I would make a every part of the bezel a guesture area. The bottom part would be active depending on screen orientation and the other sides would be available for developers to play with.
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I've been thinking that about future webOS devices since a week after I got my Pre.
    I've dreamed of the day we'd get a webOS tablet. I'd easily drop the money for that. But I won't drop the money for the ipad.
    think of the possibilities... X-Server is already on the pre, put it on a tablet and you could use all programs you could use with linux. so you would have an open source ipad with millions of apps XD and the gestures of webos. that would be fantastic.
    has anyone managed to port WebOS to any other device?
    I haven't heard anything about any ports being worked on
    OMG, a webOS tablet would be the greatest device ever made! Come on Palm! Pretty please?!
    Yes, you CAN make WebOS on an iPad because someone's already ported linux to the iPhone: Linux on the iPhone and webos runs on linux. (He's also ported android) If you really want webos on there, ask him to do it. He just might!
    wwouldd itt havee doubble letterrs?
    I would look for WebOS on the HP Slate now.
    HP engineers did it.

Thread revived.
    Great, they did it... well how can I!?!?! WebOS is the best software... and I am sorry but there is no doubt iPad has the best hardware... so lets hook them up?!?!? How!?!?
    It is like hooking up Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett.... no one would ever think it... but I am afraid it wouldn't work well for long!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    They did not. They tested enyo apps on mobile safari and it ran faster. Because mobile safari has a much newer webkit version than webos 3.0. No one has actually put all of webos on an ipad.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    After being unsuccessful in buying a HP touchpad or a pre 3 I would love for this to happen (due to currently owning an iPad 2) even if there was just a amazing web os skin but would much prefer the whole software.

If someone could port web os to a jail broken iPad it would be an absolute dream!

Someone do it...please
    It's less a technical and more a legal problem.

Sure, some determined devs could port it to IPad hardware.
    But they couldn't show it to anybody without getting sued.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    they would have to have part of the screen be dedicated as a gesture area...
    No they wouldn't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast