Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How about:

WebOS Netbook
    WebOS MP3 Player
    WebOS Tablet
    WebOS Based Car Stereo Navigation System
    WebOS Based TV
    Bootable WebOS USB Stick (for Desktop/Laptop)
    WebOS Phone with User Upgradeable Memory/Storage

Things to make the company grow and be more successful.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'd settle for a mic API.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    +100
    Need a mic API...

also... a WebOS Phone????(thought you meant phone... like a Telephone... for your home((im leaving this b/c its a funny screwup!) idk about that... other Ideas seem ok tho.

On the other hand, you cant help a company that cant seem to help its self
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    How about:

WebOS Netbook
    WebOS MP3 Player
    WebOS Tablet
    WebOS Based Car Stereo Navigation System
    WebOS Based TV
    Bootable WebOS USB Stick (for Desktop/Laptop)
    WebOS Phone with User Upgradeable Memory/Storage

Things to make the company grow and be more successful.
    While all of those would be great none of those are within palms resources they are barely able to sell their phones
  5.    #5  
    Wow, you guys have no faith. I believe that Palm can and will get out of there current situation. But I guess I am one of a kind these days.

I could care less about a mic API. "Sorry Guys"

Oh and by the way... If Apple didn't come out with a new device every year they would be in a hole also... So Palm could come out with more devices if they get with the right manufactures.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    +100
    Need a mic API...

also... a WebOS Phone????(thought you meant phone... like a Telephone... for your home((im leaving this b/c its a funny screwup!) idk about that... other Ideas seem ok tho.

On the other hand, you cant help a company that cant seem to help its self
    How is that a screwup... Phones now days are limited to there hardware. If Palm got with a company that made a phone that was expandable via memory, storage. "Since that is currently not available and is most likely where phones will be soon since people want faster and more storage constantly".

Let me use a stupid apple term to explain "Revolutionary","Which apple is not".

Plus they could get into the Business section by making WebOS based VoIP phones like Cicso etc.

I could care less about a mic API. "Sorry Guys"

The mic API is an important prerequisite for a number of useful and popular applications to appear under WebOS.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The mic API is an important prerequisite for a number of useful and popular applications to appear under WebOS.
    Care to name any we absolutely need?

What hardware? I would kill for a iphone sized pre. Don't get me wrong, I love my pre, but having a bigger screen would be amazing.

I want to see webos on a large tablet as well. Screw a pseudo multitasking ipad, I want a webos tablet!
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Pre 2
    Care to name any we absolutely need?
    Off the top of my head. Audio recorder. (it's just incomplete as a development platform without mic access)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Off the top of my head. Audio recorder. (it's just incomplete as a development platform without mic access)
    Precorder is in the works and has the mic recording by itself now.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I found the mockups pretty cool.

Future Device Mockups (C40 + Tablet) - Palm Support Community
  14.    #14  
    Palm Tablet Talk...

I love to see that I am not the only one.

Posted from my Palm Pre.

There are 171 Million "registered" Skype users.
    Apps like CallRec were popular

The prospective (and maybe declining) Pre/Pre+ user base out there is not hanging around much longer. What ON EARTH is taking Palm so long to release the Mic API?

Then, onto backing the device up. <blank space>
    <more blank space>...

*** is up with that?!! You call Plm support, and it's like Microsoft.. "We Need to DR your phone, but you will lose all your texts, installed App data, patches...

Are these people NUTS???!!!

So, in a nutshell, that's what I need.

russ
    How about using the already designed Folio but with WebOS running in it. I think the design got some praise and it should be cost effective to use a design that Palm has already paid for.

I'd also get excited about a retro Palm WebOS phone. I have a collection of old (really old) Palm PDAs that I still fool around with. I think the designs are wonderful. They are a pleasure to look at, hold and use. Show me a red Neo-style WebOS device and I'd be camping out to get one.

I think lots of people used and enjoyed the PDAs and have fond memories of them. People liked them for a reason. I'd like to see some use of all that remaining good will. Think classic cars - Charger, Camaro, Mustang - keep some of the essence but make it new.
  17.    #17  
    Everyone who want to make there mic enabled app can now do so... Oh and by the way. I still believe palm can and will recover.

Phone needs to be a little bigger and still maintain a keyboard...Evo is gonna be too big to carry around for me...
    How about making universal search work on the calendar and tasks? Forget new hardware -- that's crazy talk when Palm can't even make webOS do something that PalmOS did on the first Palm Pilot.