Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys,

    I have looked over numerous threads, I have read the wiki, I have read Palms FAQ, and I have done everything that has been suggested. I *cannot* get the Doctor to go through the process of wiping my Pre so I can send it back.

    -I have the latest Doctor for my Verizon Pre
    -I can get the phone into USB mode by holding vol. up (large icon on screen)
    -I hook the phone up to the computer, fire up Doctor, start going through the process, and it just hangs on "checking system" every time. Its annoying.

    I can't figure this out. I'm about to pull my hair out. I have followed the instructions step by step.

    I am on Windows 7 64bit if that helps the answering.

    I know this is a great community, so thanks in advance for any help you guys have.

    -BeeRad
  2. superrad's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #2  
    i screwed up my phone a few weeks ago. i kept doctoring and followed all tutorials for a succesful dr'ing and was not able to get it done. i was gonna give up and take it to a sprint store.
    that is untill i went to work and tried it on a win xp system, (at home i was using windows 7 32bit) and on the xp machine it had no problem at all and i was able to dr just fine. you might want to find an xp machine and give it a shot.
  3. #3  
    Hi mate,

    If you've tried everything and it still hangs then I'd recommend trying this on a friend's computer, I suspect that will help.
  4. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #4  
    I have no friends with Windows XP. My desktop is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The only other quick access computer is my netbook but it's a Vaio W with Windows 7 Basic 32bit.

    Everbody I know has moved on to Windows 7.
  5. #5  
    just try it on another computer then.
  6. superrad's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yeah BeeRad, i honestly tried it about 15 times on my win 7 machine no luck. and it went through the first time on my xp machine with no problem
  7. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #7  
    Well quite honestly XP just isn't an option for me. So unless there is a work around for Win7, would the full security erase option on the phone be good enough just for sending the phone back? That doesn't wipe my Palm Profile from Palms servers, just the device right?

    It's frustrating when I talk to Keith and he runs Win7 and Doctors fine. Of course he doesn't want to help me though. lol
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeRad View Post
    Well quite honestly XP just isn't an option for me. So unless there is a work around for Win7, would the full security erase option on the phone be good enough just for sending the phone back? That doesn't wipe my Palm Profile from Palms servers, just the device right?

    It's frustrating when I talk to Keith and he runs Win7 and Doctors fine. Of course he doesn't want to help me though. lol
    It will not erase your palm profile. May I ask why you want to doctor your pre?
  9. #9  
    just use the full erase from device.
  10. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    It will not erase your palm profile. May I ask why you want to doctor your pre?
    I had some apps, patches, and the 800mhz kernel but I switched back the pristine original 1.4. My slider is garbage on my Pre Plus so it's getting sent back. My new one is at home waiting for me already. Keith Newman suggested that I just Doctor it and I just thought it was a good opprunity to try it out.

    If for some reason I can't Doctor at all, am I just screwed on playing with the phone now or is there anything similar to the Doctor (i.e. device erasing) that will get me close?

    I really do appreciate all the advice so far guys. I *love* webOS and this community. Just sayin.
  11. #11  
    BeeRad, have you tried going into Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstalling "Windows Driver Package - Palm USB"? Try this and then make sure you reboot your PC - see if you can get the Doctor running now.

    PS. I always recommend running the Doctor while accessing USB mode using the emergency USB mode (ie, holding the volume up button until you get a large USB logo in white - to do this, turn off your device, take out the battery, connect to your computer via USB cable and hold the volume UP key - now while still holding volume up, insert your battery - you should see the large white logo.)

    Try these two things and then let me know if it works
  12. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    BeeRad, have you tried going into Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstalling "Windows Driver Package - Palm USB"? Try this and then make sure you reboot your PC - see if you can get the Doctor running now.

    PS. I always recommend running the Doctor while accessing USB mode using the emergency USB mode (ie, holding the volume up button until you get a large USB logo in white - to do this, turn off your device, take out the battery, connect to your computer via USB cable and hold the volume UP key - now while still holding volume up, insert your battery - you should see the large white logo.)

    Try these two things and then let me know if it works
    I will definitely try go to the control panel and see if that works.

    I did put the phone into the recovery mode several times and then starting the process but it never would get past the "checking system". Something isn't letting it continue.

    Thanks.
  13. #13  
    either use an XP machine or use full erase from device.
  14. BeeRad's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
       #14  
    Wow! Ok so I loaded everything up onto my Vaio W netbook running Win7 32bit, and everything worked like a champ. Doctoring as I type this. Either I missed something on the desktop or it didn't like 64bit. Either way, I'm glad it's on my netbook and that it worked.

    Thanks all!
  15. #15  
    Glad you got it sorted

Posting Permissions