1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone has tried adding additional font files to webOS so that they can read webpages that have languages other than english. I would like to read webpages that have arabic and farsi font. So I was wondering if I just add the font to the fonts folder would that do the trick or would I also need to direct the browser to the fonts. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  2.    #2  
    Just to get another chance for people to discuss this.

I was wondering if there was anyway to get applications such as facebook, web, and twitter to recognize other languages by importing the fonts of those languages. I copy and pasted a font (Persian) into the fonts folder on my pre but i still can not get the text in that language to show up. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Just to get another chance for people to discuss this.

I was wondering if there was anyway to get applications such as facebook, web, and twitter to recognize other languages by importing the fonts of those languages. I copy and pasted a font (Persian) into the fonts folder on my pre but i still can not get the text in that language to show up. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

/usr/share/fonts
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Hi Zulfaghar,
    I have same problem, please let me know if you find a way to install Farsi font on your Pre.
    Ihave the same issue. please let me know if you were able to resolve it
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has tried adding additional font files to webOS so that they can read webpages that have languages other than english. I would like to read webpages that have arabic and farsi font. So I was wondering if I just add the font to the fonts folder would that do the trick or would I also need to direct the browser to the fonts. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    do a search on how to get Hebrew fonts for the WebOS. Follow the directions to install Hebrew font, just substitute the font file with Arabic or Farsi. I believe that the soft keyboard that is available for Hebrew, would work just find with other right to left fonts..
    i did try changing the font
    it works for hebrew, but not for arabic
    i did not try it in webos 2.0
    did any one try it in webos 2.0?
    Yeah I am also looking for a way to display other languages (utf-8). If any one finds a way let us know, it would be a great feature (I am on a touchpad).