1.    #1  
    I was tipped off by a Palm representative from the store I work at, that the next WebOS patch will have a strong focus on speed and performance. We'll see speed improvements in the process of opening and closing apps. They will be addressing the issue on Pre (not plussed) with only being able to open one or two apps alongside a 3d game. Battery improvements, but no details on the size of the battery improvements. This may not be all that's included in the patch but this is the major focus of the next patch. No estimate on a release date but from our conversation I can tell it should be out soon.
    Not a patch! that would be an OTA update, And on average Palm updates about every 30 days so your guestimate of "soon" should be right on the money! lol.

Good job
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

hope it's true..Speed is the main thing my pre needs right now, well hardware repairs is what my pre needs, but you get what i'm saying. (yes, i have installed the 800mhz, no it's not enough)
    At least it gives us something to talk about The real question is this: Will Verizon customers get 1.4.1.1 before the rest of us get 1.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    At least it gives us something to talk about The real question is this: Will Verizon customers get 1.4.1.1 before the rest of us get 1.5?
    bell doesn't have 1.4.1.1 either, and i don't think it's really needed. I think they are going to skip it, and go with 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    bell doesn't have 1.4.1.1 either, and i don't think it's really needed. I think they are going to skip it, and go with 1.5.
    I thought Bell had 1.4.1?
    I thought Bell had 1.4.1?
    yea, they don't have 1.4.1.1...
    yea, they don't have 1.4.1.1...
    1.4.1.1 is the Sprint version of the update. It's basically the same as 1.4.1 on other carriers.
    1.4.1.1 is the Sprint version of the update. It's basically the same as 1.4.1 on other carriers.
    o, so verizon doesn't even have 1.4.1?
    o, so verizon doesn't even have 1.4.1?
    No, Verizon is the only carrier still on 1.4. I think it's kinda funny how we're expecting 1.5 soon while V still waits to catch up... I'm glad I'm on Sprint
  11.    #11  
    LOL @ all the posts. Yeah thanks, OTA update, not Patch thats right. And this update should improve the experience a lot, I can't wait.
    So if you have the 800 patch and then get an OTA update you would probably need to re-patch the kernel. Time in state is a good way to check what speeds your phone is able to run.

If the next OS is faster still a phone with the 800 patch should be amazing.

13.    #13  
    you should uninstall the kernel completely before running the OTA update shouldn't you? I would imagine that is the safer procedure.
    You must uninstall any custom kernel or processor modifying patch before performing an OTA update. You could seriously damage your phone if not.

(With the exception of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html - which is supposed to be OTA friendly).
    No, Verizon is the only carrier still on 1.4. I think it's kinda funny how we're expecting 1.5 soon while V still waits to catch up... I'm glad I'm on Sprint
    BTW, Telcel is also still on 1.4 (stupid ones) ... I already gave up on waiting, I see paid apps on appscoop but they are "not available on my region"