1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So i've been trying to access my phone with novaterm and it has stopped working (well it actually stopped working a long time ago). I have been using the Linux command-line in WebOSQI, but it doesn't exactly work the same way. Novacomd service is running fine (as proved by WebOSQI working fine) and i am in developer mode. It says localhost in the box next to connect. I'm not sure if this should be changed, but it never needed changing when it worked before. Anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks.
    No expert on this, but have you tried uninstalling, reboot, and reinstalling Novacomd? I had something happen where it didn't work for no rhyme or reason, been a while, didn't know what to do, so I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled. This is always a good start just in case there was some "burp" through compatability issues.

That is why I keep a backup set of files in folder for these programs "just in case."
    What nmoreman said pretty much. For Vista, just go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall novacomd. Then reinstall it from WebOS Quick Install, by going to file, options, "Attempt Novacom (re)installation"

I have had to do this several times, and this always fixes it.
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ok, i'll try this, btw i just checked and novaterm seems to work fine on my other computer. This just lends to the assumption that novacomd needs to be reinstalled.