Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    (by request, a shortened version of my original post)

My Pre refuses to stay off, killing my battery life. When I press the power button the time display toggles momentarily to show the date but doesn't turn off. Once in a while it does succesfully turn off, only to turn on by itself within 20 seconds.

I'm also getting a lot more "too many cards open", even from just lying there overnight on the Touchstone or in an otherwise undisturbed location. Also if I leave my phone undistrubed for 2 hours I'll need to reset it due to the "too many cards" error!

I've WebOSDoctored it back, I've done a local full erase reset, I've deleted almost all of my apps - I'm out of ideas to try! I haven't added any recent apps coinciding with this new behavior. I almost think there was some kind of over-the-air update that suddenly affected the behavior of my phone.

Anyone else with similar experiences? Any clues as to what might be going on? Any advice on other things I can try?

With many thanks in advance,

akatayama
    Last edited by akatayama; 04/19/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    try to keep it short man I'll love to help but it's way too long.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My apologies! Hope the new version above is better... BTW here's an important update...

Update: This only seems to happen with the slider "closed". With the slider open the power button seems to behave normally. My touchscreen is a lot more reliable too in this position. Is there some kind of known intermittent connection to the touchscreen whenever the slider is closed? Any customer repairs/hacks possible?
    Last edited by akatayama; 04/18/2010 at 12:52 PM.